Every time I go online, whether you're looking to purchase a product or service or conduct research on an issue, I always pay close attention to the layout of the site. If a site's design is awkward and hard to navigate it's less likely that I'll believe the company and what they're trying convince me to buy.
It turns out that I'm not the only one. 40% of internet users consider that design of a website to be the most important aspect for judging a company's credibility. 38% abandon a website when it's not appealing. For companies that depend on sales, your site's appearance is crucial. We provide one-stop ecommerce development services for startups and corporations as a pioneering eCommerce development services agency in India and the United States.
Here are some simple strategies that will aid you in improving your online customers' experience (CE) as well as content and site design:
- Optimise your product imagery
- Allow your customers to quickly discover what they require
- Make sure that the information you provide about your product is correct
- Include customer quotes
- Make sure you have a clear conversion path
- Optimise for different devices
- Ask for customer feedback
1. Optimise your product imagery
From tiny images to massive image renderings, and even websites with no or very little pictures of products We've seen everything! Do not join the other sites. Use only images on your pages that are of good quality and not overly large in terms of the size of the file.
This can improve your website performance of your store and improve your customers' experience.
I would suggest you take the following steps:
Make your photos smaller and achieve the right balance between quality and size, particularly when you use full-page banners. Adobe Photoshop is the most professional design software, however it it comes at a steep price. Other options that are less expensive are Affinity Photo and Luminar
Make sure to take photos of your merchandise - customers are always more likely purchase products if they visualize what the product they are buying like. Also, make sure to use high-quality images. The higher the quality of the photo and the better the quality, the more appealing the item appears.
2. Allow your customers to quickly discover what they require
The more difficult to make it difficult for clients to find the information they require on your site and the less happy customers will be with your company. Imagine walking into a shop and being greeted by an incoherent layout and unorganized chaos. It's not exactly impressive, is it? This is exactly how visitors to websites are feeling when they come across websites that don't offer user experience at the core of its.
Here are some suggestions:
- Simple is always the best. The more that you're working on, the more difficult you will have to direct your customers to your desired call-to-action (CTA)
- Make sure you have an easy navigation menu as well as appropriately named sections so that your website is well-organized
- Add a search bar that has relevant filters. It is possible to go to the next level by offering results tailored to each particular client (e.g. by based on prior interactions with your company)
- Include a distinct CTA for each page you visit, but especially on your homepage
- If your catalog of services or products is large or you offer to a broad spectrum in customers (e.g. B2B or B2C) you should think about setting up distinct e-commerce sites
3. Check that your product's information is correct
Whatever your customers and visitors have come to your site to do, be sure you provide precise details. This includes:
- Levels of warehouse and stock
- Product descriptions
- Videos, images and other forms of media
A fantastic Product Information Management (PIM) system that is integrated with your business and ERP solutions will benefit.
4. Include customer quotes
The feedback of real-life customers is an excellent method to increase customer trust and increase sales. Therefore, when designing your website, think of ways to display the feedback of your customers.
Are you able to have a service or product rating section? Do you have a client testimonials or case studies page? Are you able to add videos and photos?
5. Make sure you have a clear conversion path
Utilize color to guide your visitors to the pages/paths which are crucial for your website store. Be aware of contrast. A light CTA link on a dark website won't be noticeable.
If a specific button or CTA is not a major factor and not important, then give them an uninvolved color to indicate this. If a click will result in a conversion, give that button a color that is noticeable in the background and become noticeable.
The company you work for may have an established style guideline or brand guidelines. Therefore, when choosing the colors for your website's e-commerce style, make sure you select the most appealing colors from the style guide for your company.
If the style manual doesn't include appealing colors, if it is possible, you should consider making your guide bigger or more flexible to allow conversion rates online to rise.
6. Optimise for different devices
The internet isn't limited to laptops or computers these days. A lot of people conduct research on their tablets. Many prefer using their phones.
My main point? Check and optimize your website to work on a variety of devices. It isn't a good idea to upset certain customers by providing the best user experience on smartphones but not for tablets (for instance).).
Also Read: Top Challenges in E-commerce Development
7. Ask for customer feedback
Although it's easy to believe we know what our clients need and what they want from us, and how we work We must accept that we're not able to know all the details. There's only one way we can verify our assumptions about our clients and that's through customer feedback.
You can ask us questions like:
- What research for your products do you conduct? How do you conduct it?
- Why would you and why wouldn't utilize a website store or customer portal?
- What features make you want to purchase online?
As an B2B business, you enjoy the advantage of having an established connection with your customers. When you distribute surveys, you should give 10 customers a call , or request them to meet in a space for a cup of coffee and give you feedback. These genuine feedbacks will aid in optimizing your website's design.
Find out more information about how to collect B2B customers' feedback to improve your online customer experience. That's it! These are the seven tips to design a successful e-commerce site. Need help with creating your own e-commerce website? Our skilled web designers are available to assist you! Contact us for more information about our E-Commerce Development Services.