QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is an amazing tool developed by Intuit to fix the installation of the QuickBooks application. This tool will not only help you resolve the issue that may arise while using or opening the QuickBooks application, but it will also fix other component-related problems in QuickBooks. Other than this, the tool is easy to use and will not affect any data. Follow this article to learn how to use the QuickBooks clean install tool.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can reach us at +1-855-738-0359 to get guidance from our support team.
Steps to Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The appropriate method to use QuickBooks Clean install tool consists of 3 steps:
- First is to Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- The second is to Rename the installation folders
- The third is Reinstall QuickBooks on your Desktop
Below, we have listed all three steps needed for installing QuickBooks that will help you eliminate the errors you are facing.
A recommended to read article:- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- By using Windows+R on the keyboard, access the Run command window.
- Type Control Panel in the Run box and hit Enter or press OK.
- Select Programs and Features, hit Uninstall a Program, then locate and double-click QuickBooks from the list of installed programs.
- Choose Uninstall/Change option and Uninstall to continue the uninstallation process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish removing QuickBooks Desktop from Windows.
Step 2: Rename the QuickBooks Installation Folders to Completely Uninstall QuickBooks
- First, ensure that your Windows is set to Display Hidden Files and Folders.
- Access Windows File Manager by pressing the Windows + E keys on your keyboard, then navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder that is usually located at \ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks
64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Right-click the QuickBooks folder, select Rename, type OLD after the folder name and try reinstalling QuickBooks.
A recommended to read article:- QuickBooks Payroll PS032 or PS077
Step 3: Download & Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool as the Third Step
- As the first step, you need to install the ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub.’
- Save the file on your system, access the QuickBooks Tools Hub from the downloads folder, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Select ‘I accept that is written on the license agreement, then press the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon from your computer’s desktop.
- Choose Installation Issues and hit Clean Install Tool to move on to the next step.
- Select the QuickBooks desktop version, choose Continue and once the “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” message appears on the screen, hit OK.
- After the Clean Install Tool successfully erases QuickBooks from the system, proceed further with a fresh installation of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is one of the important tools of QB developed by Intuit, which helps you to eliminate almost all the errors in QuickBooks. This article mentions the easy steps to install the QB Clean Install tool, and in case you need further assistance, you can ring us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our technical team.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up