Are you getting the QuickBooks error 1612 while trying to download updates on the application? The QuickBooks error code 1612 can occur due to many reasons, the most common reason being issues in the security patches. The error can be easily resolved with the help of a few user-friendly solutions. In this article, we will talk about the error code in detail along with its possible reasons and steps to address it effectively and quickly.
You can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our support team, in case you are not able to perform the steps and need help in resolving the error.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Error Code 1612?
The error code 1612 can get triggered due to the following reasons –
- The QuickBooks installation file is damaged or corrupted.
- There is some virus infection or malware that has infected your PC.
- The company file is either damaged or missing.
- You have junk files and folders in your system that are interfering with QuickBooks performance.
Solutions to Solve the Error 1612 in QuickBooks
Follow the below-given steps to terminate the error code 1612 –
Recommended to read: Sorry We Need To Verify Your Subscription
Solution 1 – Resetting the Patch
Try to install and modify the patch settings to remove the QuickBooks error 1612.
- Search for Patchon Intuit’s website and select Install.
- Wait for the patch to get installed and save the program.
- Once done, open the file and go with the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Press OK and let the patch fix the error.
- Restart your PC and access the QuickBooks application again.
Solution 2 – Making Use of the System File Checker
Scan your QuickBooks application to remove technical errors by using the system file checker.
- Set up the system file checker and open it. Type cmdand press Enter.
- Select the Command Prompt from the appeared options list.
- Press Ctrl + Shiftand type SFC/scannow in the dialog box.
- Wait for the diagnosis to end and see if the error is eliminated.
Solution 3 – Repairing and Reinstalling QuickBooks
Fix the QuickBooks settings to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1612.
- Open QuickBooks, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Search for the QuickBooks Program on Intuit’s website and download it.
- Set it up and modify the settings. Search for Programs and Featuresand select Associate Entry.
- Select the required files and click on the Uninstall
- Now, access the Control Panelfrom the Windows Start menu and go to Programs and Features.
- Select QuickBooks and click on Repair. Let the software issues get fixed and restart your PC.
- See if the error 1612 QuickBooks is resolved.
To easily eliminate the QuickBooks error 1612, follow the steps provided above. If you performed the steps and the error is still occurring, you can get in touch with us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical team in fixing the error code.