The QB users experience QuickBooks error 1618 while using the installation setup program. The error comes up randomly when more than one instance of windows installer is running and interrupts the installation process, seizing it from continuing further. To download a program, the basic component is the windows installer, as it aids in installing, updating, uninstalling, and repairing the application. Therefore, when it faces issues or displays errors, 1618-related errors will appear automatically and display the following message:Error: There is a problem installing the Microsoft Runtime Library. To learn about effective troubleshooting for this error, follow this article to the end.
If simple troubleshooting doesn't help you to eliminate this error, you can also call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our support team.
Common Reasons for QuickBooks Error 1618 Install already Running
Go through the reasons for QuickBooks error 1618 install already running. Below are some of the probable causes of why QB Error 1618 occurs.
- The installation files are either corrupted or incomplete, which causes the 1618 error.
- The Windows registry may be corrupted, triggering QuickBooks error 1618 install already running.
- In case your system has a virus or malware infection, you may get error 1618 of QuickBooks.
- The program files might have been deleted accidentally, restricting QB from opening them.
- When the Microsoft Runtime Libraries face damage during installation or their installation files are corrupted, you might see error 1618.
A recommended to read article:- How to update or Change the EFTPS Password in Quickbooks?
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks update Error 1618 Quickly
Down below are the most effective troubleshooting methods to help you eradicate QuickBooks error 1618 from the core:
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Eradicate the Error
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a splendid tool hub component that will help you rectify the issues occurring in the installation of essential files; you should run it as follows:
- Quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Save it at an easily accessible location and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- With on-screen prompts, install it, and agree to the terms and conditions to complete the installation.
- When the installation finishes, double-click the icon on the desktop.
- From the Tools hub, choose Installation Issues and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let it run till it repairs QB installation error 1618.
A recommended to read article:- Move QuickBooks to New Computer
Solution 2: Verify for any Instances of MSIEXEC.EXE in the Background to Eliminate the Error
If a damaged Microsoft Installer Executable Process is running in the background, it may be restricting the workflow by triggering error 1618 QuickBooks, so end this process as follows:
- Access Task Manager using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and navigate to the Processes tab.
- Sort the running processes alphabetically and for the process named MSIEXEC.EXE, select it.
- Tap on the End Process button and press Yes to confirm the action.
- Exit the Task Manager window and start with installation.
QuickBooks Error Code 1618 is a recurring issue, and with the help of this article, you can resolve it effectively. However, if the error is still not rectified, we suggest you call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get assistance from our team of specialists.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up