Ever heard of biotin? While it may not be as commonly talked about as other vitamins, biotin has become a very popular supplement due to its impact on our hair and skin health. But what is the best biotin to grow hair and how do you use it?
Biotin for Healthy Hair
Biotin is often associated with hair health because people with biotin deficiency often show signs of hair loss and red skin. This has led some doctors to believe that biotin may have an impact on our hair, skin, and nails.
There have also been some studies that back up this claim. In 2012, there was a small study of women with thinning hair. Some used biotin supplements while others used a placebo. The women who used biotin for six months reported that their hair had become thicker and their scalp was covered. The women who took the placebo didn’t report any improvements.
What Causes Unhealthy Hair
To better treat unhealthy hair, you first must know what may have led to you having unhealthy hair. Here are some of the common reasons your hair may be thinning, dry, or dull:
● Poor diet - You need a variety of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals for healthy hair
● Stress - Studies have shown that stress can impact your hair growth
● Dryness - Hair can become brittle, damaged, and even break in super hot environments with low humidity. This can also happen from straighteners and curlers due to the extreme heat
● Moisture - Overexposure to moisture can strip your scalp of natural oil that keeps your hair healthy and moisturized. This is often why you’ll hear that people shouldn’t wash their hair every day
● Smoking - Cigarette smoking can have a negative impact on your hair health
● Excessive brushing - Brushing your hair too much can lead to hair loss
● Underactive thyroid - Hair growth can be impacted by your thyroid’s function
Does Biotin Make Your Hair Grow?
Yes and no.
There are no studies that back up the idea that biotin makes hair grow. While some research has shown that biotin makes hair thicker and healthier, it’s currently still inconclusive.
Using biotin supplements to improve your hair’s health is never a bad idea, however. Just talk to a doctor before using biotin supplements daily.
The Best Biotin to Grow Hair
Did you know most people naturally get a good amount of biotin from their diet? But you can add even more biotin to your daily routine a couple of ways!
The first is to find shampoo that lists biotin as an active ingredient. A lot of shampoos have biotin in them these days since biotin along with other supplements can improve your hair’s overall health.
You can also use biotin supplements! Feel Younger has biotin supplements created specifically with hair and skin health in mind. Their products are scientifically supported and don’t have any antibiotics, gluten, or hormones. They are made within the United States, meaning they must follow the CDC’s health guidelines, keeping you safe!
Feel Younger provides people with empowering guides on aging as well as staying healthy and feeling younger — hence the name!
Still not sure about biotin for your hair? Feel Younger has customer service like no other. A trained and knowledgeable customer service expert is available by phone or email almost every day — and almost any time of day.