Like other 6000 series errors, QuickBooks error 6155 can arise while accessing or opening the company data file. This issue can occur when there are issues with the QB company file or the file is damaged. The error can prevent users from accessing their company file data and can even lead to accidental data loss. If you are encountering QuickBooks error code 6155 0, you can use the steps given in this article to address it once and for all.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional help from our team of QB professionals.
What are the Possible Triggers for the QuickBooks Error Message 6155?
QuickBooks Desktop error 6155 0 can occur due to the following common factors –
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation process is incomplete or faulty, and the QB installation files might be damaged or missing from your system.
- The QuickBooks company file is not running correctly, and it might be damaged or corrupted.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop has become obsolete, and you need to upgrade it to the latest version to make it compatible with the company file.
- The company file you are trying to access is stored at some other location instead of the QB directory.
- You are trying to access a read-only file, and you need to alter the file permissions via QB settings.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 350
QuickBooks Company File Error 6155, 0: Resolving Methods
You can follow the solutions provided below to address the QB error code 6155.
Solution 1 – Activate the Clean Install Utility from the Run Window
To eliminate minor glitches in the QB Desktop app, you need to use the clean install tool.
- Press the Windows + R keys to access the Run window and type appwiz.cpl in the run text box to run the command.
- Click OK and locate QuickBooks in the list of applications to double-click the application and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove the QuickBooks Desktop app and download & install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool utility.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install QuickBooks on your computer, and once done, check if the 6155 error code is fixed.
Solution 2 – Update QuickBooks and Alter the Company File Folder Permissions
Error code 6155 in QuickBooks Desktop can be resolved by updating QuickBooks and editing the folder permissions.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help tab to select the Update QuickBooks option and initiate the update process.
- Select Update Now and wait until QuickBooks downloads all the updates to upgrade the QB version.
- Open QuickBooks again and select Yes on the Update Now popup, followed by navigating to the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Right-click the company file and select Properties to unmark the Read-Only checkbox.
- Click Apply & OK to finish the permission modification process, and once done, check if the 6155 error is tackled.
QuickBooks error 6155 can be easily dismissed by using the solutions given in this article. If the issue persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our QB technicians.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12002
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up