Employee internet monitor
How can employers deal with unproductive internet activities?
This is where tools to monitor internet activity in the workplace can help. Such tools include internet monitoring software, a widely used method for dealing with employees' excessive internet usage.
Generally, internet monitoring software helps to analyze internet usage. It helps to track:
- The websites/URLs visited.
- Time spent on the internet (when and for how long employees use the internet).
- Which computers have been used to carry out internet activities.
- The login/username of the employee.
- Whether or not the internet is used for personal or for business needs.
Internet usage monitoring software provides insights that help evaluate employee performance, and minimize time spent on work distractions ranging from social media (Facebook, Twitter) to shopping, gaming, etc. Internet use monitoring statistics help a lot in creating effective internet usage policy.