QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 occurs when QuickBooks cannot load or initialize the license properties. The error can arise when a user re-configures their Desktop and uses QuickBooks for the first time. The error prevents the user from accessing the application and performing essential features. If you are getting the QuickBooks error 3371: Could not initialize license properties, you can follow the main reasons and steps given below to resolve it reliably.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical support team.
Main Causes & Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 3371
QB error code 3371 can occur due to the following possible causes –
- Damage to the QBregistration.dat file is the most apparent reason for the error.
- Windows components, like the MSXML component, might be damaged or corrupted.
- Anti-virus program or other 3rdparty programs are interfering with QuickBooks.
- You are trying to access or import the QBO file without saving it.
- QuickBooks program files are either missing or accidentally deleted.
- Your Windows OS has become obsolete, and the version is incompatible with QuickBooks.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Connection has been lost
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The QuickBooks error message 3371 can be rectified by following the solutions given below –
Solution 1 – Remove the ECML File and Repair the Entitlement File by Renaming it
Problems with essential QuickBooks files can cause the error code 3371. To fix it, you need to mend the damaged files in the following manner –
- Open the Run window by clicking on the Windows + R keys and go to the Cdrive to find the Program Data
- From the Inuit folder, go to Entitlement Clientand search for v8 to find the file to repair.
- Open Windows Explorerto locate the ECML file and right-click on it to select Delete.
- Re-run QuickBooks and register the product again to see if the error code is resolved.
Solution 2 –Utilize the QuickBooks Tools to Fix the 3371 Error Within
Download and save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and run the tool hub to activate the following tools –
- Open the tool hub and go to the Programs Problemstab to find the Error 3371 Fix
- Run the Quick Fix my Programtool to fix the program issues, and once done, check to see if the error is dismissed.
- If the error remains unresolved, go to theInstallation Issues tab and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic
- Let the tool perform a diagnosis to identify and fix the QB installation problems.
- Lastly, re-launch QuickBooks and see if the 3371 error code is rectified.
QuickBooks error 3371 can be easily removed by following the solutions given in this article. Perform the steps, and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our QB experts.
Read also: Fix QuickBooks Error 6176 In Simple Steps