Today’s busy lives have made it incredibly important for everyone to choose their entertainment options carefully. Because of the fact that most of the streaming channels come with paid subscriptions, in no time can it cause a hole in your pocket. Therefore, for this very reason, in the segment of most popular live and on demand channels, Sony’s Crackle has carved out its own special place. And the best part is that it is available across all kinds of streaming devices including Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, etc. This guide will help you to know the various ways in which you can have the Crackle activated on the device of your choice.
How can I sign up for Crackle?
- Open the sonycrackle.com/activate on your computer or on your mobile device.
- Under the Sign In, click on the Register.
- Fill in all your personal data correctly and carefully.
- Create a username and password of your choice.
- Click on the Sign In and then enter the details you used at the time of registering.
That’s it. With this, you will have been able to sign up for Crackle. You will now be able to watch your favorite shows.
How do I activate Crackle.com activate on Roku?
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, you'll need to press the home button on your Roku remote
- Secondly, you would have to search for the Crackle and then start the app. An activation app should appear on the display of your TV screen.
- Now try to open the crackle.com/activate on your Smartphone or computer browser.
- Finally, enter the crackle activation code and activate it.
Thus, your TV streaming service should work fine by following the proper steps on your Roku TV.
How to activate crackle on Apple TV?
Here’s the method to turn on the crackle on Apple TV.
- In the first step, turn on your Apple TV.
- Then, try to navigate to the application area.
- Click on the Apple TV Crackle app to see the activation code.
- Moving to the next step, you would need to open your browser and then visit the Sony crackle activate on your computer.
- Now enter the Crackle activation code on your Apple TV screen.
- Click on the Submit once you are done.
- Select on the TV cable network provider.
- Log in to your account.
Wait for the message notifying you of the successful activation. It will say that you will have successfully logged into your account. Now you would have to return to your Apple TV screen and then update the application to start browsing all the crackle channels on your TV. The above steps will help you to activate your crackle on Apple TV.
How To Activate Crackle On Smart TV?
- In the first step, you would have to go to the native app store on your TV. Then you would have to search for Crackle and once you find it, then install the app.
- Once you are done following the process until this step, you would have to open the app. Soon after, you will see that a popup would appear with an activation code.
- Now, you would have to open Sonycrackle.com/activate on your computer. Alternatively, you could also do it on your mobile device.
- In the final step of the process, enter the Sony crackle code. After that, click on the next and then follow the instructions.
The service should be able to now work on your smart TV. Make sure that you're signing in to your account using your mobile device or computer before activating the code.
How To Activate Crackle on Laptop & Computer
To see the Crackle on your computer or laptop, you will need to have the Adobe Flash Player. If you’ve seen other videos on the internet already, then you may probably already have Flash. Otherwise, you'd have to download it from Adobe and then install it (link in Resources). If you happen to use Google Chrome, you would not have to install Flash manually.
After installing, you will then need to visit Crackle’s homepage. You would have to enter the name of a program in the search field or click “Browse” to search for the available programs. Then, click on the icon of a movie or TV show to open it.
When you’ve selected a TV show, you should click on an episode to watch it. Your program will be played after an advertisement play. Click on the gear icon. This will help you to change the video quality or audio or subtitle language for compatible programs.
Some issues Crackle users can experience and the ways to fix them:
Crackle does not play a video
According to many people who had earlier reported that Crackle is not working on Roku, the issue usually lies in the fact that the display does not show anything even after clicking on the video playback.
If you're someone who uses a PC, then there is a possibility that you may be using an ad blocker. It would help to prevent the content from being displayed on Crackle. You will need to make sure that you are removing your ad blocker and all the other types of plugins that could potentially interfere with your content.
Sonycrackle com activate code errors
Enabling the Sony Crackle is a straightforward step. All it would require you to type on your device and on Crackle’s website. We have created a comprehensive guide for you to enable Crackle on Roku, Apple TV, and other devices.
If you still cannot access Crackle’s website, it could be because the website is currently unavailable. For such a time, you should try again in a few minutes. If you didn’t receive an activation code, it would probably be because of the servers or, most likely, a problem with your application.
Log out and get back into the app once again before sending the code again.
Crackle Initialization Failed
It would be very frustrating to get an “initialization error” message every time you try to open Crackle. This problem is a result of a bug in your browser or app. It is responsible for preventing the app from loading content. In most cases, clearing the app or browser cache is usually sufficient to take care of the problem. However, you may also need to disable some of the extensions in other cases, especially the ad blockers.
To clear the browser cache:
- Firstly, you'll have to click on the three dots. These would appear in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Secondly, you would have to hover over Additional Tools and choose the Clear Browsing Data.
- It would also serve you to check cookies and any other website data and cached images and files.
- Finally, you’d need to select the Clear Data. After that, you would have to wait for the process to complete before updating your stream.
In the event of a problematic extension, you would need to do the following. This would help you to identify and disable it:
- In the first step, you will need to click on the three dots in the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Next, you would have to go to More Tools> Extensions.
- Try to disable all the extensions then and reload Crackle.
- If it works, you will see that Sony crackle.com activate will turn on the extensions one by one while reloading Sony Crackle every time.
If you’ve found the extension that prevents Crackle from playing, then turn it off while using the streaming service. You can activate it later when required.
Hopefully, you will have fixed the Crackle using the tips above and enjoy free TV shows of very high quality. However, if these steps could not solve your problem, feel free to contact Crackle customer support.