The idea behind Instagram has been predicated on the idea of getting in touch with your relatives and friends. This is why Instagram has implemented various mechanisms that help achieve this. One of them can be found in the "suggested for you" section. It allows the contacts to meet up on Instagram and then share their stories.
Certain people, however, aren't keen on having people's contacts able to discover the details of what they are doing on their Instagram information. Therefore, how to delete phone numbers from Instagram If you're among those people who prefer not to be suggested to their friends, we've written an article that will solve this problem.
After reading this article following the article, you'll be able to remove your phone number and remain hidden on Instagram from anyone who might know your phone number. Learn the steps to delete any phone numbers from Instagram.
Why do you need to erase your telephone number from your Instagram account?
Instagram always assists users to find the accounts of their nearest and dearest. One way to do this is to search for those accounts by phone numbers. Your followers can easily locate you on Instagram using your phone number if the synchronization feature of contacts is enabled within your profile, and they've included your phone number in the contact list.
Take note that if you've created an account for the purpose of secretly watching others' posts Your phone number in your Instagram account could cause a rift in the entire thing. That's why you may want to get rid of it.
It's not that difficult to delete your mobile numbers from Instagram. It can be beneficial for those who don't want users to track you on the platform, or if your concern is about the security of your personal information. Following our tips that you can follow, you'll be able to cope with this.
3 Methods to Remove phone numbers from Instagram
Method 1: Unlink the Phone Number to the Instagram Account on the Instagram app
Before we go over the process to remove your phone number from your Instagram account, it is essential that you know that when you remove your phone number from an Instagram account you will not be able to find contacts on Instagram from your contact list.
Additionally, if you fail to remember your password you'll not be able to recover it by calling your number. So, prior to proceeding with the process, make sure you are adding the email of your choice in case you forget your password. This method will allow you to unlink your phone number from your Instagram account:
- Open Instagram on your phone and log in to your account.
- Go to the page on the profile of your account by clicking the Profile Icon at the bottom.
- Next, select then the Edit Profile option right below your bio.
- Scroll down, and then tap Settings for Personal Information.
- Click on the phone number you've connected with on your Instagram.
- Remove your phone number from the box to remove this number from the account.
- Click on the Next button to save the changes.
- It is also necessary to tap the tick mark on the
- The edit Profile page is located in the upper right corner to permanently remove your phone number.
The phone number will be erased completely from the Instagram database. You will also receive a confirmation email for the same on the email address that you have registered.
Method 2: Remove the Phone # to Instagram Account on the Web Version
If you're using Instagram as an Instagram platform on your laptop or desktop and you don't know how to get rid of the phone number on Instagram You can take these steps:
- Go to instagram.com on your laptop or desktop.
- Tap your profile picture at the top left > Profile
- In the following screen you can click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, and remove your number from the Phone number field.
- And finally, click on finally the Submit button.
Instagram has decided to remove the mobile phone number from the account and you're all set.
Method 3: Alternative to disconnecting Contacts from Instagram
You have the option to unblock syncing contacts on your Instagram. Follow these steps to do this:
- Open the Instagram app on your device. Log into your account using your username and password then click on the Profile icon at the bottom right area of the app.
- Touch the 3 horizontal lines or the Hamburger icon at the top.
- Scroll down, and then tap Discover People.
- Click on Not Now when you get a pop-up. Locate the "Connect Contacts option and then switch off the toggle to turn off the 'Connect Option.
When you stop synchronizing your contacts on Instagram this will take away the previously synced contact information from Instagram.
You should have learned how to delete your cell phone number from Instagram. If you have any other questions related to Instagram, feel free to share them with us. As of now, perform these steps to remove your phone number from Instagram!
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up