Did someone message you on Instagram? Someone who came across your profile via the Explorers page and is now looking to get in touch with you on social media? If, however, you're not connecting with each other, the message may have ended up on your message request tab. If you'd like to know what they wrote to you, check out this article to discover how to find message requests on Instagram.
So, if you've been looking for how to find message requests on Instagram or where you can view them, you got your answer. Instagram keeps all your messages in the "requests" tab. They will be visible in your inbox section only if you accept them. You also get an option to block or report the message you received if it's something objectionable or threatening that an anonymous user might send to you.
What are messages and requests on Instagram?
These are the messages which will remain hidden until you've decided to accept or deny the request. The messages will be delivered to your messages inbox when someone isn't following you messages you.
You may choose to stop accounts you believe are sending you spammy or unwanted messages, or add the messages to your primary folder if they're legitimate.
How do you check your messages requests on Instagram, and manage these messages?
- Log into the account you have created on your Instagram account. On your Instagram feed, select the arrow at the top right corner. This will display any direct messages. Note that the arrow will have a red number over it to signify messages from contacts who have been sent to you. If a person who does not follow you sends an email and the arrow remains white.
- Messages will be displayed on the right-hand side below"Search Bar.
- Select"#" or "# request" text to show your message and request.
- Select the message by clicking it.
- In this case, you'll be asked whether to "Accept," "Delete," or "Block" the message and user. Notably, messages aren't marked as seen unless you agree to them.
- Hit "Accept" to respond to the message. If you press "Decline," the message will be deleted.
- If you press "Block," you can decide to ignore the message, block the account, or make a report of the user. By ignoring a message, you won't get notified that they have contacted you directly however you will be able to be able to access the chat via the user's profile.
How To View Hidden Message Requests on Instagram
It's worth noting that not all messages are visible on the screen when opening Instagram Direct messages. Some messages can be hidden and saved to a hidden requests folder. The majority of the time, the messages are hidden because they:
- Are you offensive?
- Are you unwelcome?
- Contain Spam
- Contain words found in your hidden words preferences
If, for any reason, you want to view messages hidden from your phone, follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap on the paper plane icon in the upper-right corner of your screen to open messages.
- Click on the "Requests" tab in the top right corner.
- Click on "Hidden Requests."
- Tap the message you want to see.
- If you open a message that is hidden you have the option of blocking the recipient, deleting the message, or accepting the hidden message request.
- In contrast, if you want to delete all hidden messages. Go back to"Hidden Requests," then click the "Hidden Requests" tab, then click on the "Delete All" button found at the end of the page.
Are you able to recover deleted messages from Instagram?
Instagram does not have a way to retrieve deleted messages. However, there are several methods you can attempt to recover the message. The first is to try to locate those who erased the messages and ask them for assistance, whether via telephone or email. If neither works attempt to find other ways to get back the lost message.
Why are follower requests not appearing on Instagram?
In certain instances in cases, if you don't reply to a friend's request or if you have been blocked or muted, your friend may stop trying to contact you. The friend might be unable to send you requests from friends.
That's how to find message requests on Instagram! In this article, I've told you about the only way you can see message requests on Instagram! Trust me when I say that this is all that you'll ever need to be aware of! Therefore, take a look, follow these steps, and check all your message requests that you've missed throughout!
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up