How to access the Asus laptop boot menu?
The Asus laptop boot menu is a special feature that allows you to perform various functions such as resetting the BIOS settings or accessing the recovery mode. This tutorial shows you how to access the Asus laptop Boot Menu.
To access the Asus laptop boot menus, follow these steps:
1. Press F2 key repeatedly until the screen turns black.
2. Press the power button to turn off the computer.
3. Press and hold down the Shift key while powering on the computer.
4. After the system has booted up, press F12 key to enter the Asus laptop boot menu.
5. Select the option of "Recovery" from the list and then click on OK.
6. The computer will reboot into the Recovery Mode.
7. You may need to use Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart the computer in order for it to load properly.
8. Once the computer boots up successfully, select the option of "Reset Factory Defaults".
9. Click on OK.
10. Wait for the computer to finish its task and then remove the USB device.
11. Restart the computer normally.
How to Reset Asus Laptop BIOS Settings:
If you are facing any problem with your Asus Laptop after updating the software or installing new drivers, then this guide will help you out. Follow these simple steps to reset the BIOS setting of your ASUS laptop.
Step 1 : Turn Off Your Computer
Turn off your computer by pressing the power button and holding it for 10 seconds.
Step 2 : Remove Battery & Disconnect AC Power Supply
Remove the battery and disconnect the AC power supply from the backside of the laptop.
Step 3 : Unplug the Power Cord From Backside Of Laptop
Unplug the power cord from the backside of your laptop.
Step 4 : Plug In The Power Cord And Connect To AC Power Source
Plug in the power cord again and connect it to an available AC power source.
Step 5 : Press The F2 Key On Keyboard
Press the F2 key on keyboard to display the BIOS setup utility.
Step 6 : Select the Option of Save Changes
Select the option of save changes and wait for few minutes.
Step 7 : Reboot The Computer
Reboot the computer by pressing the power switch located at the front side of your laptop.
Note : If you have installed new software or updated the existing one, then you must also update the BIOS settings before rebooting.
Note : Before rebooting, make sure that all the hardware components (such as hard drive, motherboard, memory etc.) are working fine
How to boot an Asus laptop from a USB without having to configure the BIOS.
The traditional way to upload the operating system from a USB flash drive is through the BIOS settings, to set the boot priority to the USB drive in the boot menu. Booting Asus from a recovery USB flash drive is to repair some computer issues that may damage the hardware or files. In the same sense, you can use the other way to boot Asus from the USB flash drive to manage hard disks and partitions.
To do this, you should first create a bootable USB flash drive using Windows OS. Then insert the USB flash drive into the port of your computer and follow these steps to Asus boot from USB flash drive.
1. Insert the USB flash drive into your computer's USB port.
2. Open the Start menu and type "Device Manager" in the search bar.
3. Right-click on "USB Mass Storage Device" and choose "Properties."
4. Go to the tab labeled "Portable Devices," and click on the "Install New Hardware..." button.
5. Choose "Add Portable Disk Drive" and click Next.
6. A window will appear asking if you want to install the driver for the portable disk drive. Click Yes.
7. You will see a message saying that the installation was successful.
8. Now right-click on the newly created USB flash drive and select "Eject".
9. Close the "Device Manager" and reboot your computer.
10. When the computer boots up, press the Esc key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
11. Find the section labeled "Boot Priority", and change its value to "UEFI Only".
12. Once done, restart the computer.
13. Your computer will now boot from the USB flash device.
14. Follow the instructions on screen to access the BIOS settings.
15. Make sure that the UEFI only setting is selected when you boot your computer.
16. You can now use the USB flash drive to boot your computer from any location.
17. This method does not require you to go through the BIOS settings to load the operating system.
18. It works with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows.
19. However, it cannot be used to load Linux operating systems.
20. Also, this method requires that you have a good understanding of how to work with computers.
21. Therefore, we recommend that you learn about the BIOS settings before trying this method.
Note : The above solution has been tested on Asus laptops running Windows 10.
Apart from the above information, if you are unable to fix your problem, then you can take help from this website: https://www.mygeekshelp.com/how-to-access-the-asus-laptop-boot-menu/.
How to boot up the Notebook?
Before boot up the Notebook, insert the USB disk or the CD-ROM drive.
How do I boot my Asus/HP laptop?
Press the F2 key on your keyboard to launch the boot menu.
How to activate the boot menu option?
However, if you're employing a Windows 7/8/10 computer then all computers can activate the boot menu option by pressing the F8 function key, only for your information we thought to say it.
How to access the boot menu on Asus laptop?
Just follow the steps below to enable Asus bios to boot from USB or CD drive for enabling boot menu for windows 7.
What is the Windows 8.1 installation process?
Windows 8.1 is a service pack consisting of 3 files you can install directly from Windows 8.0.