QuickBooks error 1904 may appear unexpectedly while downloading the QuickBooks application. For example, you might experience error 1904 QuickBooks failed to register while installing QuickBooks for the first time or upgrading the version from Pro to Premier. This error is closely related to the Microsoft components needed to install and run QuickBooks on Windows. Most often, damaged Microsoft Visual C++ files evoke QuickBooks enterprise error 1904 during installation. This article mentions the causes and the effective solutions of QuickBooks error code 1904.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get help from our support team.
What are the Root Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1904?
Some of the probable causes of QB desktop error 1904 are:
- Installation of a new Windows operating system is blocking your access to QB.
- Damaged QuickBooks installer file makes QuickBooks obsolete.
- Upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop application version can cause damage to the registry entries, evoking QuickBooks error 1904 failed to register issue.
- QuickBooks is not opening because the Windows security application interrupts QuickBooks installation.
- The user does not have the required permissions for Windows installation, triggering QB error 1904.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks Abort Error
Solutions to Rectify QB Error Code 1904
Some of the most effective solutions to resolve QB error code 1904 are:
Solution 1:Activate the Hidden Admin Account on Windows
A solution to resolve this error can be by activating the hidden admin account on windows by following these steps.
- Press the Start button on your keyboard and enter CMDin theSearch Programs and Files search box.
- Right-click the CMD file at the top of the list and pressRun as Administrator.
- Now, Enter the command net user administrator /active: yesand press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In case an error message appears on the screen, then enter net user administrator /active and click Enter.
Solution 2:Disable Built-in Admin Account
One of the most common solutions for QB error 1904 is to disable the built in admin account by following these steps.
- Press the Start button and type CMDin the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Right-click the CMD file from the list and hit Run as Administrator.
- Now enternet user administrator /active: noin the command prompt window and click Enter.
Solution 3: Set Proper User Folder Access Permission
- Access Windows File Explorer and locate C: \ Program Files \ Common Files.
- Right-click the folder named Common Files, pressProperties, and under the Security tab, pressEdit.
- Now press Users under Group or Usernames.
- Under the Permission for users tab, allow Modify, List Folder Contents, Write, Read, and Read and Execute options, then press Apply and OK.
QuickBooks error 1904 is easy to resolve by following proper steps, which this article on QB error 1904 mentions. If the error persists, you can reach us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our support team.
Also read this blog: Fix QuickBooks Error 6176 In Simple Steps
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up