you are scrolling through your Instagram feed late at night, and you make a comment on an Instagram post. Then, as you get up you realize that you would like to edit or remove the comment. However, you don't remember the profile or username where you made the comment.
At this point, it is likely that you should check your Instagram comment history. But is that possible? Find the answer below, where we will show how to see all the comments you made on Instagram.
Seeing All The Comments You've Made on Instagram
It is easy to see the entire list of Instagram posts you've commented on. This feature can make life easier for many social media site users, as it lets you have the history of your usage in one place and lets you review the most recent actions you've made.
Sometimes, we leave comments and forget, and occasionally, we'd like to delete the comments, but we don't remember the location of the post. Perhaps the blog article you wrote a comment on contains many comments, and you are unable to locate your comment in order to delete it. That is where the "Your Activity" option comes in.
1. Download Your Instagram Data
Instagram doesn't offer the ability to view your history of comments. However you can use a few workarounds and steps, you are able to look them up easily. The first method involves downloading your Instagram information.
The Instagram information on your profile is not limited to the comments that you have written, but also details about your previous messages setting, posts you've liked, your information about your profile, photos video, and archives of Stories.
Here's how you can download Instagram data:
- Open the Instagram mobile application on your phone and head to"Settings. "Settings" menu.
- Go to "Security -> Download Data."
- Fill in your email, then click the "Request Download" at the bottom "Request download" button at the bottom.
Alternatively, if you are or have been using Instagram Web, navigate to "Settings -> Privacy and security -> Data download." After that choose the "Request download "Request Download" option.
- You will have to wait for Instagram to transmit your data via email to the address you have entered.
- When you receive the email, take it out and click the "Download Data" button. You will be directed to the Instagram account login screen. Enter your login credentials and then click the "Download Information" button on the next page.
- The file that you download can be found in .zip format. Download it to your preferred location and then open the folder.
- There will be several folders. You must start by opening"Comments. "Comments" folder.
- There is a "post_comments" file in either HTML or JSON format.
- In the event that the "post_comments" file is in HTML format, double-click on the file to launch it. If the file is in JSON format You can utilize Anyconv which can convert JSON to PDF.
- The "post_comments" file will show you all the comments you have made on the Instagram profile. Instagram profile.
The drawback to the method you chose is it does not indicate the specific post that you've commented on.
2. Make sure to check out posts you've Enjoyed
Another way to view your comments on Instagram is to check the posts you've liked. This approach may not be as effective as the first one but is a viable alternative. If you don't need to go through the hassle of the steps involved in the first method, this is the best choice for you.
Many people are inclined to leave a comment when they like a picture or video that they like on Instagram. If this describes you, then making use of the built-in Instagram feature may also allow you to view all of your comments on Instagram.
Here's what you should do:
- Launch the Instagram app and then tap the three-bar icon at the top. Head over"Settings. "Settings."
- Tap on "Account -> Posts You've Liked."
- Following this, you'll be shown the entire list of posts you have liked. In addition, you will monitor all of your comments. Simply tap the posts to see your comments, should there be you have any.
How To Turn Off Comments on Your Instagram Post?
If you'd like to share something on Instagram but don't want people to comment on it, then you can choose to disable comments on individual posts. It is pretty common that users on social media to feel anxious over the responses they get to their posts particularly if they are using a public account.
Here's how you can remove comments from Instagram posts: Instagram post:
- Start your Instagram application.
- Navigate to the post that you would like to block comments on.
- Just click on the three dots on the right-hand side of your blog post.
- From the menu opened From the menu that appeared, select "Turn Off Commenting".
- The comments are now removed from this post.
Why Can't I Comment On Instagram?
Did you get a "Comments Blocked" notification from Instagram while trying to respond to a post? The inability to make your comments on a specific user's post is frustrating. This mistake could be caused by a variety of possible reasons.
Here are the factors that may be stopping you from posting comments on Instagram.
- Your Instagram isn't up to current.
- You are writing the same comment over and again.
- The user might have blocked your access.
- Your comment could contain words or phrases that are in violation of Instagram's terms of service.
- You have exceeded your daily limit of comments.
- You've used greater than 30 hashtags in your comment.
- You've listed more than 5 profiles in your comment.
So, this was how you could see all the comments you posted on Instagram! In this article, I've listed three methods for you to look at your posts regardless of how old they are! Use the method you like! Any of them work well! If you're looking to cut down on time, opting for "Download Your Data" makes more sense.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up