Earlier known as BellSouth Corporation, BellSouth LLC, as it goes by the name today, is a famous firm. It is an Atlanta-based American Telecommunications holding company. The email service of this firm was specially developed so that it could provide an easy email experience to its users.
After the merger with AT&T, which happened in late 2005, BellSouth and AT&T, since then, have participated in working together. The reason for what happened was the US Department of Justice forcing the American Telephone and Telegraph Company.
The objective was to involve itself in all its telecommunication ventures in the regional areas as much as possible. This step has led the firm to generate a lot of admiration from the users, which is remarkable.
We recommend this email service as it is very commendable and it offers various features like automatic replies and forwarding. Apart from that, there is also an option to redirect emails, add multiple recipients to a single mail, and many more such things.
And what is more, is that you could configure this mailing service on all your devices or Outlook. To do this, you'd just need to make the correct Bellsouth email settings. So, with this given guide here, you could easily learn the process to set it up on your BellSouth on Android, iPhone, iPad, and MacOS, and Outlook.
If you wish to set up Bellsouth email on Android, then you will need to follow the steps that have been mentioned below:
- Firstly, open Gmail or any other email on your Android device.
- Secondly, tap on the menu, which will reveal another menu. Next, click on the Add Account.
- From this list of mail service providers, select the option Other.
- In the next step, choose Manual Set. This will help you to configure the settings all by yourself.
- Now, enter the BellSouth email address.
- After this, keep on following the steps below to make proper BellSouth email settings for POP3 or IMAP
- Inbound Server: att.net (if choosing POP3) and mail.att.net (if selecting IMAP)
- Port: 995 (POP3) and 995 (IMAP)
- SMTP Server (att.net) and mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Choose the option Yes for Required SSL for both POP3 and IMAP.
- Enter your password and then tap on Next
- The last step is to set up your BellSouth email on Android. This will further verify your email, and with this, the process will be complete.
If you know the changes you need to make, we can assure you that the setup settings will be effortless. Go by the steps as following:
- In the first step, open the Settings on your iPhone. Then select the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendar’ option.
- Select BellSouth email from the list of all the email service providers.
- Tap on the Add Mail option and enter your email address, name, password, and description.
- In the BellSouth IMAP server & POP3 settings, ensure to make the following changes.
- Inbound Server – att.net (POP3), and mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Port for inbound Server – 995 for POP3 or 995 for IMAP
- SMTP Server (att.net) and mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Choose Yes for Required SSL for both POP3 and IMAP
With the instructions mentioned above, you can set up a BellSouth email on your iPhone. It will be very convenient for you as you could stay more reachable as could utilize this email service at any time and anywhere.
Like every other device, the exemplary configuration settings are needed for the correct settings so that you could set up BellSouth mail settings, and here is how you could do it:
- First, go to your iPad’s settings and then tap on Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. You could choose them all from the menu.
- Now, tap on Add Account. This will help you to reveal a list of all email service providers. From the vast array of selections given, select the BellSouth, if mentioned. Otherwise, continue the step by choosing Other.
- Next, click on Add Mail Account and then insert your username with the password. Remember that this has to be for your BellSouth Account.
- Tap on Next and then enter these settings for the IMAP server & POP3
- Inbound Server: att.net (POP3), and mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Port: 995 (POP3) and mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Choose Yes for the required SSL for both POP3 and IMAP.
Your setup BellSouth email on iPad will be now complete to use this email on your iPad.
The steps to set up the Bellsouth email settings on your Mac are given below:
- Open Mail on your Mac and then click on the Preferences option.
- From there, you will need to choose Accounts and then select the + (plus) sign.
- Select the Add Other Mail Account option and then click on Continue
- You'll need to complete your mail accounts information, such as your full name, BellSouth email address, and password.
- The changes should be:
- Incoming mail server – inbound.att.net (POP3) or imap.mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Outgoing mail server – outbound.att.net (POP3) or smtp.mail.att.net (IMAP)
- In the Outgoing mail server, select Edit SMTP Server List.
- Confirm and set as followed:
- Server name – Outbound.att.net or smtp.mail.att.net
- Ports – 25, 465
- Use Secure sockets Layer (SSL)'s selected.
- Lastly, choose Ok to finish the process.
Lastly, for the Outlook setup, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Outlook account. After that, click on the File located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the Add Account when the File menu opens.
- Then choose the ‘Manual Configure server settings or additional server types’ from the given options. Post that, click on Next.
- A Setup wizard would display on your screen.
- At ‘Would you like to configure an Email account?’, select Yes.
- Make the required changes in the email settings, such as:
- Select IMAP or POP from the options. Click on Next.
- The Incoming mail server for POP3 will be pop.mail.yahoo.com.
- The Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server will be smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Then, please enter your username and password where they are needed and then select More Settings.
- Select options that say ‘My Outgoing server (SMTP) required authentication and ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server.’
- You'll have to click on the Advanced tab and enter.
- Enter Incoming server port number for POP3 as 995
- The Outgoing server port - 465
- Select SSL to use an encrypted connection.
- Choose Ok. click on Next, and then ‘Finish.’
Hence, we hope you know to set up BellSouth email on Outlook, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android. The universal compatibility makes it efficient and easy to use for everyday mailing.