Protecting your Android phone with a password is highly recommended because this is the best way to protect your privacy if your phone ever gets stolen or lost. Yet, it can also be very inconvenient if you ever were to forget your password. More concretely, if you forget your password, you can’t get into your phone and this is quite annoying. And while there are several methods that you can find online that will help you unlock your Android phone without a password, most of these methods require you to do a factory reset.
Hence, this requires you to configure your phone from the beginning and this means that you lose all your data. Luckily for you, though, there are also some ways to unlock your Android phone without your password and more importantly, without a factory reset. So, if you’re interested, keep reading to find out!
Method 1: Use Other Security Measures
For starters, this first method allows you to unlock your phone, even though you have forgotten your password. Although, this option requires you to do some thinking in advance. That is to say, if you get a new android phone, this comes with many default security options such as a swiping pattern, PIN code, or Face ID. The reason that underlies this is exactly the situation of forgetting your password. Through the other security options, you can get around your password to still unlock your Android Phone.
Of course, this requires you to have those other security options in place in the first instance. Only then, you will be able to unlock your phone with one of these measures in the case that you have forgotten your password. Once you’re in, you can just change your password to avoid similar problems in the future.
Method 2: Find My Mobile (Samsung)
Secondly, another way to unlock your Android phone without a password or factory reset is using Find My Mobile. Find My Mobile is a feature that you can use if you have a Samsung account. Therefore, this option is only useful for you if you have a Samsung phone. If you do, follow these steps to unlock your phone:
- Step 1: Surf to find my mobile and sign in to your Samsung account.
- Step 2: When you are logged in, you will automatically see your phone on the right side of your screen. Click on the Unlock option.
- Step 3: Now, you will be asked to enter the password that is linked to your Samsung account.
- Step 4: Voilà, you will be able to unlock your Android phone without your phone password and without undergoing a factory reset. The only things that will be erased from your phone are all your security measures. Yet, you can easily install these again once you are able to unlock your phone!
Method 4: Use Android Device Manager
A fourth remarkably easy method to unlock your Android phone without a password or factory reset is by using Android Device Manager. This incredibly useful feature is linked to your Google account, so you can access this feature without any trouble. Android Device Manager is perfect to solve your problem because it comes with a Find My Device Function and that is precisely what you need to unlock your phone. Just follow these next steps:
- Step 1: Surf to google android device manager You can use a computer to access this website, but it works just as well with another smartphone.
- Step 2: Log in with your Google account and password.
- Step 3: When you are logged in, you will see a Lock option start to appear. Click on that.
- Step 4: Now, all that’s left for you to do is make a new access code to protect your phone. Once you have chosen a new password, click on the Lock button once again. At any rate, you will be able to get into your phone again without requiring a factory reset through the new password that you have just installed.
Method 5: Make Use of the “Forget Pattern” Feature
Finally, before diving deeper into this fifth and final method, you should know that this option only works with some Android phones. That is to say, some Android phones automatically come with the option “Forget Pattern“. Specifically, this is only a viable option if you have an Android phone with version 4.4 or lower.
If you do have such an Android phone, it is an extremely simple and fast way to unlock your phone without a password and without losing any data on your phone. Just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to the start screen of your Android phone. As you can see, you will be asked to enter your chosen security measure. This could be a password, pattern, or code. Anyhow, you should wrongfully try to unlock your phone 5 times.
- Step 2: When you have entered the wrong pattern 5 times, you will see the option Forget Pattern. This will appear in the right lower corner of your screen. Click on that.
- Step 3: Now you will be taken to a different pop-up. There, you will have one or two options. The first option would be to unlock your phone through your Google account. The second option would be to unlock your phone with a backup PIN code. Select the first option.
- Step 4: Enter your Google email address and the password that goes with it. After this is all done, your phone will automatically unlock and you will have access to everything in it. Again, this method doesn’t require you to do a factory reset, so you won’t lose any important data.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up