Joel Freeman is an expert in the fitness industry, with over 20 years in the health and fitness industry, including as a group exercise director and trainer. He has helped to establish some of the largest group exercise class participation numbers throughout the United States, while also managing gyms and working for the Washington State Department of Health. Joel has now shared his insights on increasing member retention at your gym, so you can reap the benefits of having loyal customers who keep coming back time and time again. His tips are sure to help you boost membership numbers and build a successful business that stands apart from its competitors.
Joel Freeman's Background in the Fitness Industry
He is a former group exercise director at Gold's Gym SoCal, and he partnered with BODi (formerly Beachbody) as an exclusive Super Trainer in 2016. He has created wildly successful fitness programs, including CORE DE FORCE, LIIFT4,10 ROUNDS and LIIFT MORE. Joel's many years of experience have made him an authority on increasing member retention at gyms and creating engaging group exercise classes.
Joel's Strategies for Increasing Member Retention at Your Gym
He has created several successful programs and built up gyms to have some of the largest class participation numbers throughout the United States. Joel shares his insights on increasing member retention at your gym. they are as follows:
- Creating an atmosphere of community and belonging: This will keep customers coming back, he recommends providing incentives for members who attend regularly. This could be anything from discounts to rewards points that can be redeemed for merchandise or services. Joel also advises offering different class formats, such as yoga, Pilates, strength training, and cardio. This will help to keep members interested in attending classes regularly.
- Invest in High-Quality Equipment: Investing in high-quality equipment is essential for any successful gym. High-quality equipment will ensure that members have the best experience while working out, allowing them to achieve their desired fitness goals safely and efficiently. Quality equipment also indicates to members that the gym takes their experience seriously and values their patronage, which can increase member retention rates. Quality equipment will last long-term with minimal maintenance costs, making it an investment worth making for any gym owner who wants to succeed in the competitive fitness industry. Lastly, investing in good quality machines can help reinforce standards of excellence and help attract more customers.
- Promote Accountability: Joel recommends introducing programs that motivate customers to be accountable for their progress. This could include inviting them to use a tracking app, setting goals and providing rewards when they reach certain milestones. Joel also suggests offering regular challenges with prizes or incentives to keep members engaged and motivated.
- Provide Supportive Coaching: Joel stresses the importance of having knowledgeable and supportive coaches, who are passionate about helping members reach their fitness goals. He suggests providing complimentary reviews or assessments to help customers identify areas where they can improve their performance.
- Delivering excellent customer service: This should be one of the top priorities for gym owners to retain members over time. Having knowledgeable staff who are familiar with the equipment and class formats available can make a big difference in keeping customers around longer. Additionally, Joel suggests creating loyalty programs where members receive discounts or other rewards for attending frequently or reaching fitness goals within a certain period.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and developments: This is so that gyms remain competitive in their local market and attract more potential customers. By understanding what the competition is doing and adapting accordingly, gym owners can ensure they stay relevant while building an engaged customer base that keeps coming back again and again!
- Leverage Technology to Track Progress and Offer Incentives: Technology can streamline the process of tracking metrics such as attendance, calorie goals and workout performances. This data can be used to create personalized plans for each customer, making it easier for them to monitor and stay motivated with their fitness journey.
Incentives are key in helping customers achieve their goals and keep coming back to the gym. Joel recommends offering rewards or discounts when members reach certain milestones or attend classes regularly. Technology makes this process simpler by automating the tracking of fitness data and helping Reward programs run smoothly.
Related Info: Joel Freeman: Building Strength and Endurance
- Utilize Social Media Platforms to Promote Your Gym: Social media platforms are a great way to promote gyms and attract new customers, as they can be used to reach large audiences with targeted content. Joel recommends creating engaging posts such as before-and-after pictures of members who have achieved their goals, inspiring quotes, informative videos on different types of workouts or tips for getting the most out of gym visits. Additionally, leverage influencers who can help share the gym’s message and reach even more potential customers.
When creating posts on social media platforms, Joel advises being sure to tag relevant channels or locations so that people searching for gyms in the area can find your page easily. Posting regularly and engaging with users consistently will also increase visibility for the gym and build an active community of followers. Joel also suggests using analytics tools to track views, likes and comments on each post, so that gym owners can see which type of content resonates with their audience or what topics they should avoid.
- Implement a Referral Program for Increased Member Retention: Implementing a referral program is an effective way to increase member retention and attract new customers. Joel Freeman suggests setting up a system that rewards existing members with discounts and other incentives when they refer new members to the gym. This can also help build brand loyalty and create a sense of community among members.
Joel Freeman's expertise has provided us with an array of valuable insights on how to increase member retention, by implementing these strategies gym owners can ensure they remain competitive in their local market while also creating a sense of community among members.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up