QuickBooks has established itself as the best software for accounting and related tasks. The software successfully manages the bookkeeping of millions of users worldwide. QuickBooks is loaded with various features and reliable services to provide an excellent experience to its users. But, as we know that internal errors are inevitable in every software, and the same is valid with QuickBooks. Users have majorly reported their QuickBooks Crashing or freezing while they work on it. If you are also troubled by crashes in your QuickBooks, go through this blog to find out the causes of this issue and the different ways it can be rectified.
Avoid time-consuming procedures by calling our QB support team at 1.855.738.2784 for quick troubleshooting.
About the issue
You might have experienced that QuickBooks has become inconvenient to utilize due to unexpected crashes. There are many other external factors that can cause this issue in the software. You won’t be able to execute any function until the problem gets resolved, as the software will suddenly crash in-between tasks at any time. You won’t receive a warning or error message before the software showcases abnormal behaviour.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Search Not Working
The software has to face crashes due to the reasons mentioned below-
- The background QB processes are interrupted by the Windows Firewall, forcing them to stop or turn unresponsive.
- The Windows you are using is not updated, and the software crashes due to compatibility issues.
- Some of the program files of QuickBooks are missing or damaged because of a corrupt software installation on your computer.
The methods that will help you rectify this issue from the software are mentioned below-
Solution 1- Allow the QuickBooks to run from the Windows Firewall settings
The firewall on your computer can interfere with the background processes of QuickBooks or restrict it from accessing files that cause the software to crash. This can be prevented by marking QuickBooks safe in the firewall settings so that it doesn’t get blocked in the future. Use the steps below-
- Go to the search panel and open the Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on Allow an app or feature through the windows defender firewallin the menu on the left.
- Search for QuickBooks and select it as an allowed program through the firewall.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
If the software is still crashing, try the next method below.
Solution 2- Update the Windows on your computer
An outdated Windows can also force the software to crash repeatedly due to compatibility. Your QuickBooks version may be facing difficulties while running on the old version of your windows, which results in software crashes. You can avoid these crashes by updating your Windows to the latest version available-
- Go to the search panel located on the taskbar or access it from the Windows Start
- Type ‘Windows Update’ in the search panel and open Windows Update settingsfrom the search results.
- Click on Check for Updatesand wait till the system looks for an update.
- Select Download and Installafter you see an available update.
- Reboot your computer after the Windows is updated and reopen QuickBooks.
You won’t face any crashes in the software as the issue will be resolved after using the methods mentioned above.
This is the end of our blog created to help the users with the of QuickBooks Crashing issue on their computers. The triggers for this issue and the effective ways it can be rectified were also mentioned. We hope the issue is now fixed using the blog solutions.
Contact a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 to consult for any more queries.
Also read: Addressing the QuickBooks Error 1612 in Minutes
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up