QuickBooks is an extensive online application used widely in the accounting industry. Its wide variety of features and the smooth user interface has made this application quite popular among business companies. But sometimes, due to some glitches in the application, errors may arise. One of which is QuickBooks Error 163.
QuickBooks error 163 is an online banking error that usually arises when the user is trying to access the online banking services or updating the transactions. This error indicates that QuickBooks is unable to communicate with the user’s Bank. To know more about what causes this error and what you can do to resolve this, follow this blog till the end. However, in case of any issues, you can contact our support team for guidance.
Possible Causes for the Error 163 in QuickBooks
Various factors could be responsible for the error 163 in QuickBooks encountered by the user’s computer, such as:
- New Banking Information: If the banking information such as the website or account number of the user has changed, it may lead to errors.
- Junk Files: Errors may also arise from the build-up cache or junk files in the user’s browser
- Poor Internet Connection: Bad network connectivity can lead to unexpected problems while using the QuickBooks application.
- Bank Issues: Either the bank is under maintenance, or they are going through an update.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
Methods to Fix the Banking Error in QuickBooks
To successfully fix this banking errorin QuickBooks, you can try out these methods:
Method 1: Using Incognito Mode
- Click right on your Internet browser and choose to open it in Incognito Mode or New Private Window mode.
- Choose the Banking option from the left panel and log in to your bank account of QuickBooks by putting the correct banking credentials.
- Select the Edit option from the top and choose Edit Sign-in information beside the banking icon. Now enter the correct banking credentials for error-free online banking verification.
- Now save the account information and start availing of the banking services.
Method 2: Reconnecting Bank Account
- Open the QuickBooks application and choose Banking from the left panel. Select the Edit option then click on Edit Account Information and Disconnect this account on save. And press the Save button.
- Now reconnect your account by logging into the QuickBooks account. Select Banking from the left panel and Add Account.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the name of your bank. Enter your Online Banking details and answer all the security questions correctly. Now click on ‘Securely connect.’
Method 3: Clear the Junk Files
- Open the Internet browser and go to Settings in the top right three dots.
- In the History option, click on ‘Clear Browser History.’ Then in the Cache files option, hit on ‘Clear the Cache Files.’
- Now close the application and refresh your computer. Try logging in to the QuickBooks banking services again.
We have clubbed together all the relevant information about QuickBooks error 163. Hopefully, the methods explained above in this blog will help you fix this issue without any hassle. However, if you need any further information, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 for support.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15241