Every month several users of QuickBooks look up“error 3371” online for a solution, as it is a common error faced by QuickBook. QuickBooks error 3371 is encountered when the user tries to activate QB on a different computer with a previously activated license, Another reason can be the outdated Windows operating system, and the error may also vary depending on the reason that has triggered the issue. Moreover, you can get rid of this issue quickly by following the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can reach out to us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our technical team.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Effectively
Below, we have mentioned some of the most effective solutions that will help you eliminate this error quickly.
Solution 1: Fix the Damaged QBregestration.dat file
Removing the QBRegistration.dat file will de-register QuickBooks, and when you access it, it will ask you to go through the registration process again, which will help you re-register the app using a corruption-free registration file which helps resolve the issue.
- Quit the QuickBooks application and launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys on your keyboard.
- Under the Processes tab, browse and right-click QBW32.exe process, and tap on End Process Tree.
- Click OK and open the Run command window by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard and typing C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8.
- Press OK and in this folder, find and delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Hit Yes to confirm and access the QuickBooks application once again.
A recommended to read article:- Fix the QuickBooks error 1618
Solution 2: Consider Renaming the Entitlement Data File
Implement this solution by undertaking the steps mentioned below :
For Windows XP-
- Navigate to the start button and choose the Run option.
- Locate the EntitlementdataStore.ecml file by entering the following path in the dialogue box, “C: Documents/Settings All/Users/Application/Data/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv2”.
- Tap on OK to reach the folder to rename the file.
For Windows 7-
- Navigate to the path, namely “C:/Program/Data/Intuit/EntitlementClientv*.
- Now rename the Entitlement data file to let the QB application create a new file for you.
- If you cannot see the program data folder, it may have gotten hidden; take the following steps to unhide this folder:
- From My Computer, loacate to Organize option > Folder > Search options and move to the next step.
- Lastly, press on Hidden files and folders and open QB to verify if the issue has been resolved.
No doubt, QuickBooks Error 3371 can hamper your work, and it might even annoy you to an extent but worry not; through this article, we will guide you to eliminate this error permanently. If the error persists, you can contact us at +1-855-738-0359 to get guidance from our support team.
A recommended to read article:- Easy Troubleshooting that will Help you to Get Rid of Error Code 40003 QuickBooks Permanently
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up