QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80, most of the 6000 series errors are related to the company file and appear when you try to access the company file in QuickBooks. The error message that pops up on Windows shows “Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file” once you experience the error. This article will guide you to eliminate this error quickly and efficiently.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can reach us at +1-855-738-0359 to get guidance from our technical team.
What are the Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80
The most common reason that triggers QuickBooks to show error 6000 80 is the communication issue between the host and the client’s computer that creates problems for the user accessing the company file. Below are some reasons responsible for triggering QuickBooks error 6000 80:
- You must always convert or restore the QuickBooks data on your local storage as if you perform this task over the network, that can cause QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 80.
- More than one system in the network is hosting the company file, which is evoking the error.
- Unfortunately, due to an incorrect network setup, the client’s workstation cannot connect with the server, and the user faces error code 6000 80.
Some of the Solutions to Resolve the Error 6000 80
The most effective solutions to resolve the error in single and multi-user modes are mentioned below.
In Single user mode
Solution 1: Copy to Local Hard Drive
The first solution is to copy it to the local hard drive.
- The first thing is to copy to the local drive, just like the C drive, .qbb file, or .qbw file, whichever is updated in your system.
- You can either restore a backup or update the QuickBooks company file.
- Copy the same to the original location of the restored or updated file and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Repair the Damage in QuickBooks Company File using QuickBooks File Doctor
This is one of the easiest ways to resolve QB error 6000 80 by following these steps.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub, locate the downloads folder, and run the Tool Hub program installer file.
- By following the on-screen prompts and agreeing to the license agreement, download the Tool Hub program.
- Run Tool hub from the Start menu or by double-clicking the icon on the desktop and navigating to the Company File Issues tab from the options on the left.
- Choose QuickBooks File Doctor and select the option to repair the data damage.
- If you encounter any error while fixing the data damage, you will need to restore the most recent backup of your company file to resolve the issue.
In Multi-user Mode
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Running the QB File Doctor Tool can fix almost every error in QB, including error 6000 80.
- Install the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website to proceed further.
- Run the downloaded file to install the tool, and if the data damage is identified but the tool is unable to fix it, then you can opt for any of the two options:
- Now you need to restore the company file, which was backed up recently
- Make sure of the auto data recovery tool to restore the data.
- You can then forward the QuickBooks company file to Intuit’s data recovery team.
Solution 2: Repair Damaged or Corrupted QuickBooks Company File
Sometimes the error is evoked due to the error in the company file; you can fix it by following these steps.
- Access the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and go to the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose QuickBooks File Doctor, and when it asks you to select the repair type, choose only the company file.
- Proceed further with the file repair process by choosing the appropriate options.
- Once the company file errors are fixed, re-open the file to see if the error 6000 80 is resolved.
QuickBooks error code 6000 80 is very common to encounter while using QuickBooks and is also very easy to eliminate. This article is a perfect guide to eliminate QB error code 6000 80, and if the error persists, you can call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our technical team.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up