Regular backup of essential data of every enterprise is essential in order to ensure that the data remains safe & secure. Intuit provides an easy way for QB users to create a regular backup of the company file so that their critical data always remain protected from threats like malware attacks and failure of the hardware devices.
Due to some technical faults, the simple process of data backup in QB Desktop often gets hampered, and this issue is called as ‘QuickBooks Backup Failed’ problem.
A detailed review of this problem is provided in this comprehensive blog, along with some effective rectification methods.
If you are struggling with the ‘QuickBooks Backup Failed’ problem, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to reach out to our QB Experts Team.
Data Backup Process Failed in QB Desktop: Main Reasons
The following factors trigger the Data Backup Process Failed in QB Desktop problem:
- An improper backup file path on the system and a corrupt company file can cause severe disruption while backing up data in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Insufficient space in the device where the backup file is to be stored can also disrupt the QB data backup process.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 213
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Data Backup Process Not Working Problem?
The following methods will help you to efficiently resolve the QuickBooks Data Backup Process Not Working Problem:
Method 1: Ensure that the company file gets fully repaired through the ‘Verify & Rebuild Data’ utility to eradicate this issue
- Firstly, search for any possible data damage in your company file by utilizing the ‘Verify Data’ utility, and for that, you shall require to navigate to the ‘Utilities’ tab under the ‘File’ menu in the QB Desktop, after which you can simply click on the ‘Verify Data’ icon to execute it.
- If any data issue comes up on the screen after the execution of the ‘Verify Data’ utility, you need to again reach the ‘Utilities’ tab so that you can locate & hit the ‘Rebuild Data’ icon in order to remove the data damage from the company file.
- The ‘Rebuild Data’ utility will make sure that all possible data issues inside your company file are fully exterminated, thereby enabling you to create a successful backup of your company file on the system.
Method 2: Verify & make sure that the backup file path on your computer is valid so that this issue is easily extirpated
- Jump to the ‘Preferences’ menu almost immediately after launching your QB Desktop application, and then tap the ‘Backup Options’ tab inside that menu so that you can eventually get the ‘Backup Options’ window on the screen.
- In the ‘Backup Options’ window, you have to look under the ‘Local Backup Only’ section to verify the backup file path on your system, and if you notice that it is invalid, then you can easily utilize the ‘Browse’ option to provide a fresh location to save the backup company file.
- After ensuring that the backup file path is valid, you can hit the ‘OK’ button, and then you will be successful in creating & saving the backup company file.
Utilize the two methods stated above in the correct step-wise order to ensure the full elimination of the ‘QuickBooks Backup Failed’ problem. For further guidance, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB ProAdvisor Professionals Team.