Today, data is an essential fuel that keeps your business running, and any damage or loss of data can lead to a severe loss of business. QuickBooks is power-packed accounting software that is smart enough to keep your data safe and retrieve it in case of unintentional loss. However, users might incur an error like the QuickBooks Backup Failed Error if there is an issue with the drive where the backup is stored or some other misconfiguration in the system. Your device cannot create and keep your subsidiary file in this situation, which is a massive blunder. To help you get out of this, we have gathered some common reasons and solutions that will help you create the secondary backup and resume business as usual.
We understand it is a sensitive case that you might be reluctant to handle. Give our experts a call at 1-855-856-0042, who will sort this out for you.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 1904
Causes - QuickBooks Backup Failed
- If the size of the company file is larger than 3gb.
- If the company name is longer than required.
- No storage space left for company file.
- When the backup path is set up incorrectly.
- When you try to create the backup on an external hard disk.
Solutions - QuickBooks Backup Failed
Step 1: Configure QuickBooks to access a new Company File
- Access QuickBooks.
- Press File.
- Select the Open/Restore option.
- Choose New Company File Name.
- Hit Open.
Step 2: Create an external backup of the Company File
- In QuickBooks, select File.
- Click on Save Copy or Backup.
- Press Backup Copy.
- Hit Next.
- Now, click on Local Backup.
- Hit Next.
- You need to navigate to the local drive location.
- Click on Save.
- Next, move to your local drive.
- Locate the company file.
- Right-click on the file.
- Choose Copy.
- Access the File Explorer.
- Select your external hard drive.
- Right-click on the folder.
- Select Paste.
Step 3: Rename the Company File
Renaming the file erases previously-stored junk data on the system and refurbishes the existing file-
- Navigate and open the company file.
- Press the F2 button.
- The Product Information window will pop up.
- Move to the File Information Field.
- Make a note of the company file location.
- Click on the Windows button.
- In the search bar, type File Explorer.
- Hit Enter.
- In the search field on top, put the company file location.
- Hit Enter.
- Right-click on this file.
- Select Rename.
- Type a new company file name.
- Click Yes to confirm.
We all are aware, data is the key element for a business, especially for applications that operate on real-time data. We hope that our blog helped you recover from the QuickBooks Backup Failed Error and you were able to create the backup after. For additional support, you may contact our pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042.