QuickBooks is a widely used application in the accounting industry. It allows the users to maintain their tons of financial statements and records safely in one place which can be easily accessed from anywhere. However, due to some gaps and glitches in the coding, errors might arise. One of which is QuickBooks Error 15222.
QuickBooks error 15222 is a payroll error that might occur while trying to update the payroll tax table, updating the maintenance release, or updating the payroll feature. It is uncommon but a challenging one to defeat. But we are here to make it easier for you.
To understand this error in detail, follow this blog till the end. However, in case of any queries, you can contact our support team for guidance.
Causative Factors for the 15222 Payroll Error:
There could be various reasons that trigger the 15222 payroll error.
- Outdated QuickBooks application: An outdated version of QuickBooks can be one of the major reasons for any error to arise.
- Misconfiguration in the current web browser: Due to incompatible settings and permissions in the web browser (internet explorer, Firefox, chrome) can result in the occurrence of errors.
- Not logged in as an Administrator: The user has not logged in to the computer as an administrator, leading to the occurrence of errors.
- Wrong date and time: Incorrect time and date in the computer can give rise to loads of errors.
Read more: QuickBooks Data Conversion Services | QuickBooks Data Migration Services | QuickBooks Data Recovery Services
Resolving the 15222 Error in QuickBooks Desktop:
To avoid any further issues in the device and the QuickBooks desktop, it is important to fix this error in the first place. You can do it by following these methods step-by-step.
Method 1: Install Digital Signature
- Open Windows File Manager and open the Programs file from the C-drive. In the programs file, search for the QBW32.exe file. Choose the Properties option by right-clicking on it.
- Search for the list of signatures under the Digital signature tab and click on the details option.
- Under digital signature windows, choose the View Certificate option and install the certificate from the certificates window. Select the Finish option after completion and restart your computer.
- If the error still occurs then try to update QuickBooks again.
Related article:- QuickBooks error 3371 QuickBooks transactions not updating | QuickBooks Error H202
Method 2: Make Internet Explorer the Default Browser
QuickBooks always chooses Internet Explorer to access the internet. Therefore, if you have not set it as your default browser then errors may arise. To do so follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer. From the Tools section, choose Internet options. Under the Programs tab, select Make Default and hit OK.
- Open QuickBooks again to check if the error is gone. If not, then try updating the application.
QuickBooks Error 15222 is not very common, therefore it is difficult to resolve. We have discussed in detail the troubleshooting methods to eliminate this error completely. Hopefully, the steps mentioned here will prevent the 15xxx error series in your computer. Despite this, if you require any additional help, you can dial +1-888-704-1357 anytime.
Read more:- QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly
Also, go through these short guides:
QuickBooks error 6150
QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly
QuickBooks Error OL-222
QuickBooks Error 6000 77
QuickBooks Error 6147
QuickBooks Error 6129
QuickBooks Restore Failed
QuickBooks Error 1712
QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
QuickBooks Error 1603
QuickBooks Update Error
QuickBooks Error PS038
Reset QuickBooks admin password
QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks Error 196
Repair QuickBooks Desktop Company File
QuickBooks Error 6190
QuickBooks error the file exists
QuickBooks crashes when importing accountant’s changes
QuickBooks Couldn’t Open Your Company File
this company file needs to be updated
QuickBooks unrecoverable error
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up