QuickBooks payroll feature is one of the most helpful features of the accounting application. You need to regularly update QuickBooks Desktop and download maintenance releases to run the feature correctly. But sometimes, issues occur while updating the payroll function and QuickBooks error 15270 pops up. This error code prevents users from completing the payroll update process and needs to be addressed immediately. In this article, we will help you address QuickBooks error code 15270 with some easy & effective solutions.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QuickBooks experts.
Common Causes for QuickBooks Update Error 15270
- An unsecured or unstable internet connection can interfere with the payroll update process.
- Your Windows OS version is not compatible with the new version of payroll.
- Other processes are running in the background while running the QuickBooks payroll update.
- A virus or malware attack has infected your system and is also affecting QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your QuickBooks payroll subscription has expired or is inactive, and you need to renew it.
- You have not set Internet Explorer as your default browser to operate QuickBooks and run the update process.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS101
Ways to Practically Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 15270
Step 1 – Verify the Payroll Service Key from the Employees Tab
If you are facing the 15270 error message in QuickBooks, you need to verify the payroll service key.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu to select the My Payroll Service Key option.
- Select Manage Service Key and go to the QB Service Key window to edit your payroll service settings.
- Note down your service key and click Remove to access the confirmation window.
- Remove the service key and click Add to enter a new service key and EIN.
- Hit Next and Finish, followed by ensuring that the payroll subscription status is showing as Active.
Step 2 – Run the Reboot.bat File to Perform QuickBooks File Registration
You can re-register QuickBooks to remove the 15270 error from your application. To do this, you need to run the reboot file as an admin in the following manner –
- Right-click on the QB Desktop icon and select Properties to click on the Open File Location option.
- Locate the reboot.bat file and right-click on it to run it as an admin to perform a QuickBooks registration.
- Wait for the registration process to end, and once the DOS window appears, restart your PC and check the status of the 15270 error code.
QuickBooks error 15270 can be effectively eradicated by following the troubleshooting steps provided in this article. If the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723