QuickBooks Error PS038 is a routine payroll error that strikes while operating the payroll service & while downloading the newest payroll updates. In some scenarios, it can also occur when the QB user is sending employees’ paychecks online to the Intuit server & the paychecks get stuck due to some faults.
It is essential to carefully analyze & resolve this technical issue as the employees’ paychecks are very important data for the organization.
This blog offers the best analysis of this problem, along with relevant solutions that have been verified by eminent experts.
Do you want the best assistance to eliminate QuickBooks Error PS038? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Payroll Error Message PS038 in QuickBooks: Most Important Factors
The following factors generally provoke Payroll Error Message PS038 in QuickBooks:
- Using an older edition of the QuickBooks application frequently disrupts the normal use of the payroll tool on the system.
- Employees’ paychecks that did not reach Intuit server can also trigger this payroll error message on the system’s screen.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks error 1612
Simple & Accurate Solutions for PS038 QB Payroll Error Code
The PS038 QB Payroll Error Code can be easily resolved through the solutions listed below:
Solution 1: Obtain the valid QB Desktop updates & then send the payroll data to fully exterminate this technical issue
- Accurately jump to the ‘Help’ menu within the QB Desktop application & then click on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ tab, after which you can instantly begin downloading the relevant updates by hitting the ‘Update Now’ and the ‘Get Updates’ options.
- Upon the completion of QB application updates, you have to restart the QB Desktop & then install the just-downloaded updates by striking the ‘Yes’ button on the screen.
- After that, properly reboot the computer & then proceed to the ‘Employees’ menu within your QB Desktop to attentively tap the ‘Send Payroll Data’ tab.
- Now, type the correct service pin on the ‘Send/Receive Payroll Data’ window & then finally send the payroll data by striking the ‘Send All’ button. Once you have done that, you can go on to obtain the newest payroll service updates.
Solution 2: Search & locate all the stuck paychecks and then execute the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility to resolve this issue
- Firstly, promptly proceed to the ‘Edit’ tab inside the QB Desktop application to carefully hit the ‘Find’ option, and after that, you can easily hop to the ‘Advanced’ tab so that you can reach the ‘Choose Filter’ section.
- At this step, click on the ‘Filter list’ tab to carefully choose the ‘Detail Level’ option & then strike the ‘Summary Only’, after which you need to go back to the ‘Filter list’ tab.
- Now, attentively choose the ‘Online to Send’ option from the on-screen ‘Online Status’ tab, following which you can successfully obtain the required paychecks list by hitting the ‘Find’ button.
- You have to now go to the ‘File’ menu inside the QB Desktop so that you can easily tap the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility icon under the ‘Utilities’ tab & then a swift backup of the data file will be created & saved on the system.
- After that, the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility will run to ensure full repair of the company file & all the stuck paychecks will be immediately resolved.
Also read: FACING QUICKBOOKS ERROR 15215? WE GOT YOU