QuickBooks H-series errors are a pretty common occurrence for regular users. One such error is the QuickBooks error h505 which occurs while opening or working on the company file. This error is mostly a result of incorrect hosting setup or issues with QuickBooks Multi-user mode. The error prevents users from accessing their company data, and needs to be addressed immediately. In this article, we will help you eliminate QuickBooks error code H505 with practical solutions that actually work.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get professional assistance from our technical team.
QuickBooks Company File Error H505: Common Reasons
QuickBooks multi-user error h505 can arise due to the following common factors –
- Your QuickBooks hosting setup is incorrect, and you need to reconfigure the settings.
- You are trying to access the company file that is already being accessed by another user in a single-user mode.
- QuickBooks is unable to establish a connection with other computer due to issues with the network data file.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction, and preventing QuickBooks from functioning.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to the latest release, and has become incompatible for running the company file.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 193
How to Address QuickBooks Desktop Error H505 Effectively?
QuickBooks error message H505 can be reliably resolved by performing the steps given below –
Step 1 – Create a New File Folder and Provide Full Access Permissions
If you are unable to access your company file, you need to create a new folder with sufficient access permissions to eliminate the issue.
- Navigate to the company file folder on your server computer and create a new folder to paste your company file into.
- Right-click the folder and select the Propertiesoption to go to the Share
- Select Advanced Sharingand checkmark the Share this Folder checkbox to select the Permissions.
- Select Full Controland mark Everyone from the group list to provide complete access to the folder.
- Click Applyand OK to complete the process, and rerun your QuickBooks file to check the status of the H505 error.
Step 2 – Reset the Multi-User Hosting Setup for Your Server PC and Workstations
Multi-user Hosting issues can be the main reasons for tackling error h505 while opening the company file.
- Open QuickBooks on your server PC and go to the Filemenu to access the Utilities drop-down menu.
- Select the Host Multi-user Accessoption if it’s not selected, to enable the hosting mode.
- Next, open QuickBooks on your workstation and access the Utilitiesdrop-down menu from the File tab to select the Stop hosting Multi-user Access
- Once the multi-hosting mode is disabled, perform the same step on all your workstation and rerun QuickBooks to access the company file.
QuickBooks error h505 can be effectively addressed by following the solutions provided in this article. Perform the steps, and if the issue persists, you can get professional help from our QuickBooks ProAdvisor experts by dialing 1-855-856-0042.