Here, we are going to make an application of the “Encoding-Decoding” of an image. By making this application we will be able to learn that how we can encode an image in Base64. We will also be decoding our image with help of a button.
Before proceeding with this application you should be aware of Base64 in java. If you are not aware of it, use Basic Type Base64 Encoding and Decoding in Java.
What we are going to build in this article?
In this application, we will be using two buttons Encode and Decode to perform their respective operations. Moreover, we will be using a textView to display encoded text and finally an imageView to display the decoded image. Note that we are going to implement this application using Java language. A sample video is given below to get an idea about what we are going to do in this article. convert base64 to jpg
Step by Step Implementation
Step 1: Creating a new project
- Open a new project.
- We will be working on Empty Activity with language as Java. Leave all other options unchanged.
- You can change the name of the project at your convenience.
- There will be two default files named activity_main.xml and MainActivity.java.
Step 2: Navigate to app > Manifests > AndroidManifest.xml file and add the following permission to it
Step 3: Working with the activity_main.xml file
Here we will design the user interface of our application. We will be using the following components for their respective works:
- TextView – to show the encoded text
- ImageView – to show the decoded image.
- Button – to encode or decode the image on click.
Navigate to the app > res > layout > activity_main.xml and add the below code to that file.