JPEG is one of the image file formats that people mostly use to save their pictures. People save unlimited number of images on their computer in .JPEG file format and see when they need.
However, with the expansion in technology data loss issues are also increased. Even, you feel uncomfortable when your .JPEG files become corrupt and you can’t see those images.
There are various reasons why data (including JPEG files) become corrupt and inaccessible.
Virus attack, external drive being corrupted, error while transferring files, and so on, these are the main reasons why JPEG files get corrupt.
You have to apply JPEG file repair methods to fix it.
Here, in this post, we are providing top five working fixes to repair JPEG files.
What Causes JPEG Corruption Issues?
Before you know .JPEG (or .JPG) repairing methods, it becomes important to know the common causes of such corruption. Some of these are:
- Broken or corrupted JPEG file header
- Sudden system shutdown while transferring the files
- Virus or Malware attacks lead to data corruption
- Bad sectors on the storage device or corrupted file system
- Lastly, any sort of hardware or software issues
Quick Methods to Repair Corrupt JPEG Files
You can choose any one from the following given methods to repair corrupt JPEG files:
01: Change the File Format
The image viewer that you use to preview image files on your device may not be supporting JPEG/JPG files. In such case, you can try to open those files using any other format. Many people found that changing the format of JPEG files, helped them to open the files.
You can use the Paintbrush (utility tool) to change the file format. Just open the Paintbrush utility tool, then go to File > Save As and select the format in which you want to save the file. This method is just a trick that might undo the effect of corruption from images. If not, move to the next JPG file repair method.
02: Rename the Corrupt JPEG Files
Renaming the JPEG files can also help you to repair the corrupt JPEG file. You just need to change the name of your file without changing the file extension. Go through the following steps to rename your JPEG file:
- Right-click on the file that you want to rename.
- Click the “Rename” option.
- Now, type any name for your file and close it.
03: Perform CHKDSK Scan to Repair Corrupted JPEG Files
You can run the CHKDSK command in the Windows CMD utility tool to repair corrupted JPEG files. This command fixes the bad sectors on the storage device where your JPG file is stored. All you have to do is:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run prompt.
- Type CMD in the Run dialogue box and press Enter key to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command window, simply type the “CHKDSK (drive letter) /r” command.
After completion of the scanning process, restart your device and check if you are able to access those JPEG files.
04: Use the Windows Error Checking Tool
Windows provides an in-built error-checking tool that you can use to repair corrupt JPEG files. All you have to do is:
- First, go to the ‘File Explorer’ folder and right-click on the storage media where your corrupt JPEG file is exists.
- Now, click on the “Properties” option, navigate to “Tools”, and click the Check button.
- After that, click on Scan Now button. If any error occurs, this option will try to fix it automatically.
Once done with the above steps, restart your system to view the repaired JPEG files.
05: Use JPEG Repair Tool to Repair Corrupted JPEG Images
If the above-mentioned manual methods do not work for you to repair JPG files, then you can use a professional JPEG repair software to fix its corruption issues.
Stellar Repair for Photo software is a well-known JPEG file repair tool that repair corrupt & inaccessible JPEG images. It is an efficient and easy-to-use software and is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
Repair Corrupted JPEG Files Using Stellar Repair for Photo Software (Step by Step):
- Download and install the software on your device. Launch the repair tool and click the “Add File” button to add the corrupted images.
- Choose and upload the images that you need to repair. Next, click the Repair button to start the repair process.
- At last, preview the repaired images and press the Save Repaired Files button to save the repaired images on your desired location.
Why Stellar Repair for Photo Software?
Given below are some amazing features that make this software the best option to repair and restore lost/existing damaged JPEG files under all corruption scenarios:
- Restore corrupt JPEG/JPG header and invalid file structure
- Fix multiple corrupted JPEG files simultaneously
- Repair JPEG files on Windows laptops, desktops, HDD, and SSD
- Along with JPEG file repair, you can use this tool to repair a wide range of other file formats like RAW, ERF, JPG, SR2, TIFF, and many more
- Save repaired files at any location on your device
Tips to Avoid JPEG File Corruption Issues
The methods to repair JPEG file corruption are somehow quite easy to implement. However, it is important to keep following points in your mind to avoid such corruption issues:
- First, make a habit to create backups of your important JPEG files.
- Find the exact cause of the JPEG file corruption issues before applying any method to fix it.
- Make sure your device has a proper power supply to avoid interrupt shut down while editing or modifying JPEG images on your device.
- Use antivirus-detection protection program
This post discusses some of the most promising and tested methods that you can try to repair corrupt JPEG/JPG files. You may be lucky to repair your photos if you have their backup. The Stellar Repair for Photo program is a more effective and easier method to repair your corrupted photos. You can try this tool to help you if you have severely corrupt JPEG files.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up