QuickBooks is an efficient accounting software handling the books of a large number of businesses in different countries. The software precisely oversees finance and generates accurate financial reports to help users expand their business profitably. The software can sometimes gamble with internal issues that can have a negative impact on the software’s output. Users have experienced their QuickBooks rebuilding data file stuck and software freezing unexpectedly. If you face a similar issue, keep reading the blog to discover the conditions that can provoke this error and the ways you can resolve it.
Troubleshoot this error with the help of a QB support team reachable at +1 855-948-3646.
The primary causes for the development of this error are provided below-
- QuickBooks doesn’t have the %Temp% folder permissions required to run the program.
- Your system gets disconnected from the external drive or network containing the company file in between the rebuilding process.
- The company file contains invalid characters like !, @, $, etc or the company file name is too long.
Apply the solutions mentioned below to eliminate this error from your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Configure the %temp% folder permissions to make it accessible for QuickBooks
The %temp% or the temporary folder contains the files required by programs on your PC. Instead of repeatedly searching the hard drive, the program can retrieve the required files from the %temp% folder. If QuickBooks doesn’t have the required permissions to access the %temp% folder, the software will develop errors while rebuilding the data file. Use the steps given below-
- Go to the search panel and type %temp%.
- Open the folder and right-click inside the folder.
- Click on Properties from the options and go to the Security tab to view all the user accounts.
- Tap on the account you currently use and click on Edit.
- Mark the checkbox for Full Control among the list of settings.
- Click on Apply and then Ok.
- Retry the task that caused this error initially.
If your data file gets stuck again while rebuilding your data, try the next method.
Read More - An Introduction to QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Solution 2- Check your company file name and remove all the invalid characters
You can face issues while rebuilding your data if the company file name contains invalid characters like-:, ^, $, etc. These invalid characters aren’t supported by the software, and the file can get stuck when you try to rebuild the data file. The Rebuild utility scans the company file to repair the data, and if the software fails to process the file, the rebuilding process will freeze, and the software will eventually crash. Rename the company file using the steps below-
- Go to the location of your company file, which is mostly in the QuickBooks folder located in the C: drive.
- Right-click on your data file and click on Rename.
- Remove special characters like ^, *, :, $, etc, and make sure the company name is not too long.
- Retry rebuilding the data file after editing the name.
This blog clarifies the reasons for QuickBooks rebuilding data file stuck. You also read about the methods to fix this error which we expect you to use for tackling this error in your QuickBooks.
If you have any remaining doubts about this error, converse directly with a QB expert at +1 855-948-3646.
Related Article - How to Tackle Quickbooks Error PS036?