Many small & medium-sized organizations located worldwide use QuickBooks to manage their accounting. It is reliable software with many excellent features designed to assist users in complex financial processes. A user with little accounting knowledge can also operate QuickBooks because of its simplified presentation of all the functions in the form of account reports. Even with such capabilities and highlights, the software is always at the risk of getting affected by internal errors developed while the software runs. QuickBooks update error 1328 is one of the errors that can trouble the users. If you also faced this error in your QuickBooks, continue reading the blog for the reasons and solutions for this error.
Our team of QuickBooks experts is always to deal with these issues, reach them at
Details of this error
It is an update error in QuickBooks. This is a common error that arises while installing or uninstalling QuickBooks. You’ll be restricted from updating your QuickBooks or even repairing it. Every time you try, you’ll receive an error code and a message, “Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp’. Your software will shut down after this or become unresponsive to your commands.
The most probable reasons that might have caused this error to occur in your QuickBooks are-
- QuickBooks was not correctly installed the last time.
- QuickBooks is suffering due to a bad internet connection.
- The windows version on your computer is outdated.
You may also read:-
Methods to try
You don’t need to worry because we have some practical solutions that can be used to resolve this issue from your QuickBooks-
Solution 1-Uninstall QuickBooks from your computer and re-install it
Maybe your QuickBooks had a faulty installation the last time you downloaded it on your computer; let’s uninstall it and install it again. Follow the steps to uninstall QuickBooks-
- Use the Windows Start button to open the Control Panel.
- Choose any of these you see on the screen; Uninstall a program or Programs and features.
- Select the version of your QuickBooks and click Uninstall/Change.
- Click on Next.
The QuickBooks is now uninstalled from your computer. Now, follow the steps below to install it again but make sure to have your Product key and license number before you move further to the steps-
- Open the website of QuickBooks and download the software.
- Once the download is finished, open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Proceed as per the on-screen instructions to install QuickBooks; click yes on the software agreement.
- When asked, fill in your Product key & License number.
- Choose Express if you want to use QuickBooks for a single computer or Custom to use it for a multi-user network.
- After the installation is finished, activate the QuickBooks if prompted.
- Open your QuickBooks.
If there are no issues while opening QuickBooks, the error is gone; try the next solution if you still see the error.
Solution 2-Check your internet connection is stable
You can verify this by simply running a speed test on google and comparing the results to the minimum requirements recommended by QuickBooks.
- Go to Google from your web browser and type “Internet Speed Test.” Run the test and wait for some time.
- Compare the internet test results with the parameters provided by QuickBooks.
- 3Mbps recommended and 1.5Mbps minimum
If your internet connection lags behind the requirements, upgrade the connection. You are highly recommended to use a wired connection.
Solution 3- Updating the version of Windows
Refer to the steps for updating your Windows-
- Click on the Windows Start button and search for Windows Update.
- OpenWindows update and click on Check for updates.
- Proceed to the Update now option if any new update is available.
- Let the process finish
You’ll be able to update your QuickBooks successfully.
This is the end of this blog, which explained the insights of and the methods you can use to resolve this error. We expect these solutions will help make your QuickBooks trouble-free.