To get the most out of your paid search efforts, use SEM growth marketing best practices. There are even career names and functions dedicated to “growth hacking,” such as growth marketing and growth hacking.
But, exactly, what does “SEM growth marketing” imply?
Finding and attracting the proper clients to your organization is the goal of growth marketing. These are the individuals who are most likely to buy from your company.
So, in today’s world, what is the secret to SEM growth marketing?
SEM is a long-term approach for attracting more quality clients to conversion. In today’s market, there are six recommended practices for winning at SEM.
1. Provide value throughout the decision-making process
As the behavior of your fragmented customers' changes, so should your growth marketing strategy. To become a more informed researcher, gather background knowledge and purchase landscape. Explore the buying guides, recommendations, and products that match the fundamental criteria to think about. Comparing a few products that meet the customer’s requirements, such as ratings, reviews, features, and price. Finding where to buy, then looking at pricing and specials, availability, and nearby stores before making a purchase.
2. Align your campaign’s and company’s objectives
Your business goals might be influenced by search, and it can also help you measure them. Make sure your SEM strategy is in line with your campaign goals:
- Bid competitively on non-brand, brand, and competitor keywords to increase brand awareness and perception.
- Non-brand searches are essential for getting started on a journey as a non-brand search query influences 69 percent of brand ad clicks.
- Consumers use search to help them make purchasing decisions. SEM can assist you at every level of the decision-making process.
- Conversions are one of the search’s strongest assets.
- Because of the widespread use of search, you can implement a cross-border marketing plan that uses Location Extensions to increase foot traffic, Call Extensions to increase phone calls, and Sitelink Extensions to increase ad clicks.
3. Increase the Size of Your Marketing Funnel
Understanding how individuals search at various stages of their purchasing journeys opens the door to engaging a new audience with your business. Search has evolved into an insight engine that now exerts influence across the five stages of the buying process (awareness, consideration, conversion, maintenance, and expansion). SEM additionally strengthens your conversion funnel by bringing different marketing efforts together.
4. Push Audience Targeting to New Heights in SEM growth marketing
Engagement at the right time and in the right place is no longer enough to persuade potential clients. Using audience targeting, you need to reach as many unique searchers as feasible.
Step 1: Create more detailed buyer personas with the following factors
Understanding past activities are helpful in determining a customer’s interest in making a purchase. Analyze activity across websites, searches, and content to better understand user behavior.
Age, gender, and geographic location are all characteristics that influence purchasing choices.
Consumers frequently conduct searches in the heat of the moment. Analyzing where, when, and how they can help create more effective ad campaigns by providing helpful material.
Step 2: Select keywords that correspond to your target consumers’ key stages and mindsets.
5. Use Paid Search to Boost Other Investments in SEM growth marketing
- Combine organic search with a paid SEM plan to maximize your search results.
Customers who click on your paid search and social ads are more likely to buy and spend more money. To gain more impressions, improve your keyword coverage and customize your bidding approach for business PPC ads. Running search and display at the same time can help you figure out which channel produces the best results.
6. Fight for and win a share of the paid search budget
SEM is still competing for a piece of your marketing spend with other channels. As a result, present actual evidence links between SEO and commercial benefits. There are three components to your budget share battle plan:
- Select the Most Appropriate Metrics for Measuring SEM Impact
Metrics make it simple to see what’s working and what isn’t. For better results, your team may test, adjust, and optimize your brand’s SEM strategy. Identify and track important performance metrics that represent your business goals to focus your reporting.
- Separate the effects of SEM from other channels.
Determine which channels are responsible for your marketing success. Attribution can be tricky at times, so if you can show that sponsored search efforts generate a return on investment, you’ll be able to free up more funding and improve search performance even further. If you’re still focusing on conversions, you might be overlooking how important other channels and approaches are to your total success.
- Use the same method to divide your budget between Google Ads and Microsoft Ads.
When you examine the paid click share and query that each SEM option represents within your industry, this last piece falls into place. You’ll not only get your company in front of a wide audience, but you’ll also have the assurance that your paid advertisements will result in clicks.
SEM is an important part of today’s growth marketing. Getting the correct message to the right customer, at the right time, on the appropriate device, is one of the most difficult tasks. If you want to expand your marketing, you should use the best practices of SEM growth marketing to increase the reach, impact, and value of your sponsored search ads. When it comes to obtaining marketing resources, these recommended practices will help you.