QuickBooks is accounting software used to meet day-to-day business needs effectively. But just like any other software program, QuickBooks is also prone to errors. Sometimes, the users face errors while using QuickBooks. Some error codes are common and can be resolved easily. One of such error codes is QuickBooks error 6190.
Keep reading this article to know how to resolve this error.
If you are facing errors in QuickBooks or are not able to troubleshoot the problem on your own, you can take the assistance of our technical team at +1-888-704-1357
QuickBooks error code 6190 & 816 – What is it?
The QuickBooks error 6190 816 means that the user cannot access the company file in QuickBooks. It occurs when another user is logged into the file in single-user mode. The error is generally followed by a message reading “QuickBooks was not able to open the company file”. It is a technical error and there are solutions to fix it.
How do troubleshoot the error?
Now that we have understood what the error is about let’s get to fixing it. Before going through the steps, ensure that your QuickBooks is up to date.
Step 1 – Renaming the files
You can try renaming the files by following the steps given below -
- On the company file folder, find file names with extensions.ND and.TLG, matching with your company file name. Select Rename by right-clicking on them.
- Add . OLD at the end of each file name.
Step 2 – Disabling multi-user access
One of the reasons why the error occurs is the multi-user access being enabled. Here’s how you disable it –
- Log in as an admin, go to Files > Utilities.
- Click on the Stop Hosting Multi-user access option.
- Create a backup of your company file, install QuickBooks Tool Hub, the most recent version followed by running the Quick Fix my Programs.
- Here’s how you run the Quick Fix my Programs – Tool Hub > Company File Issues > Quick Fix my File > OK.
Step 3 – QuickBooks File Doctor tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool can help fix the issues with your company file. You can use it by –
- From Intuit’s website, download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Run the tool by logging in as an administrator. Choose the Both File Damage and Connectivity option followed by entering your admin password.
- Click Yes if your file is stored on a workstation or server, otherwise click No and then select Proceed.
The above solutions can help you solve the QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816. You can also try troubleshooting the error by following the steps related to error 6000 which are as follows –
If you open the file locally –
- Rename the files.
- Open a sample company file.
- Copy the file on Desktop.
- Restore a backup using Auto Data Recovery.
If you open the file on the internet –
- Turn on hosting on the workstation.
- Rename files, then Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Open the company file locally.
- Close all processes on QuickBooks and check folder permission manually.
If persists, you might need help. You can contact us at +1-888-704-1357 to speak to our technical team for assistance.
Related article:- QuickBooks Error PS038
Also, go through these short guides:
QuickBooks error 6150
QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly
QuickBooks Error OL-222
QuickBooks Error 6000 77
QuickBooks Error 6147
QuickBooks Error 6129
QuickBooks Restore Failed
QuickBooks Error 1712
QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks Error 1603
QuickBooks Update Error
Reset QuickBooks admin password
QuickBooks Error 196
Repair QuickBooks Desktop Company File
QuickBooks error the file exists
QuickBooks crashes when importing accountant’s changes
QuickBooks Couldn’t Open Your Company File
this company file needs to be updated
QuickBooks unrecoverable error
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up