QuickBooks is a popularly used accounting application mostly because of its robust features and tools. It provides the search tool to find your entries easily in the file. It helps you find your transactions, customers, vendors, etc., but the tool may face errors at times. You may get annoyed when you encounter the QuickBooks Search not working issue in the application. Moreover, your system may get stuck when the issue appears. Through this blog, we discuss the reasons and troubleshooting for the error.
If you are getting the QuickBooks Search not working error in your Desktop application and struggling to resolve it, contact our 1-855-856-0042and take help from our certified experts.
Trigger points for QuickBooks Desktop Search not working issue
Below provided reasons can trigger the QuickBooks Desktop search not working issue. Check out the list to figure out the reasons for the error in your system:
- A registry file error can trigger such errors.
- Firewall obstructing the normal functioning of the application can cause the issue.
- QuickBooks not being updated for a very long time can show compatibility issues and produce errors.
- If the QuickBooks Search Index file gets damages, you may get the QuickBooks search not working error.
Figure out the reasons from among the list provided above to adopt the best troubleshooting method. Make sure that you update your QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest release before applying any other troubleshooting method.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
How to troubleshoot the Search function not working in QuickBooks?
You can apply one of the methods provided below to resolve the search function not working in QuickBooks issue:
Method 1: Renaming the QuickBooks Search Index file
- Close your QuickBooks window and click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Search “SearchIndex” and click on the search result to reach the folder.
- Right-click on the ‘qbw.SearchIndex’ folder and add select the ‘rename’ option.
- Add (.old) at the end of the name and hit the ‘Enter’ key to save it.
Method 2: Configuring the Windows Firewall
You should configure your windows firewall to add QuickBooks as an exception. You can disable it through the turn-off option under the Control Panel. If there is another firewall installed on your system, you should refer to its website to look for the configuration method.
If the error persists, you can also perform the clean install of the application using the Clean Install tool from the QuickBooks Tool hub. Through this article, we discussed the trigger points for QuickBooks search not working error. We have also discussed the various troubleshooting methods that can effectively resolve it. If you come across this issue but struggle to fix it, call us at our 1-855-856-0042 and our certified, and experienced experts will help you get rid of it.
Source code: https://24bookkeepingserices.wordpress.com/2021/02/23/what-to-do-if-quickbooks-search-not-working-issue-appears/