QuickBooks is trusted by millions of users across the globe. To make it more innovative, intuit releases its updates from time to time. While downloading these updates, users come across QuickBooks update error 1603. It shows up on the screen with a message, “The update installer has encountered an internal error.” The error might also trigger when a user installs QuickBooks or open it after the install. Read the advisory blog until the end to know why QuickBooks error message 1603 appears and how you can fix it.
If you require direct consultation to resolve QuickBooks update error 1603, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks error message 1603
Given below is the list of major causes that trigger this update error:
- Some Microsoft components are damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is not complete.
- Some security policies on the workstation stop QuickBooks from installing the update.
Read more :- qbcfmonitorservice terminated unexpectedly
Top 3 Solutions to eradicate QuickBooks error code 1603
Solution 1. From QB Desktop Tool Hub, run the Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close company files, exit QuickBooks and open your browser.
- Download the setup file of the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it at a place where you can easily find.
- Double-click to open the file, follow the instructions given on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After finishing the installation, go to your desktop and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From there, choose Installation Issues and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for around 20 minutes so the tool can complete the repair process.When the tool finishes, reboot your computer.
Solution 2. Execute a clean install of QuickBooks in selective startup mode
1. Take a backup of the company file and write down your QuickBooks license number and product information.
2. Start your workstation in selective startup mode:
- Hit the Windows and R keys at once on your keyboard to open the run command.
- Type msconfig in the Run box, click OK, and go to the General tab.
- Choose Selective startup, select Load system services and move to the Services tab.
- Mark the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and click the Disable all button.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and ensure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected from the list of services.
Click OK and then Restart from the System Configuration window.
3. Clean install QuickBooks and start your computer back in Normal startup mode:
- Open the Run window again by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Write msconfig in the Run box, click OK and go to the General tab.
- Select Normal startup, then OK, and click Restart on the system configuration window.
Solution 3. Install Microsoft .NET Framework again
1. Close all open applications, click the Start menu, and open Control Panel.
2. Choose Programs and Features, then click Uninstall a Program and choose Turn Windows features on or off.
3. Now, find .NET Framework on the list.
If QuickBooks update error 1603 continues even after following the fixation steps discussed above, dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 1625
Sign In / Sign Up