Being the best software for bookkeeping, QuickBooks has helped many organizations to grow and attain efficient productivity. It monitors all the accounting processes and collectively organizes the data to create invoices, transactions, and billing processes. QuickBooks works on a multi-user network in which the data can be shared between many users simultaneously. It is convenient and saves a lot of time. But like any other software QuickBooks also comes under the risk of internal errors, which can arise anytime. Users faced problems like QuickBooks multi-user mode not working on their computer. We decided to compose this blog to discuss it; if you also met this issue on your QuickBooks, keep reading further to learn the approach that you can attempt to solve the blunder.
You can reach out to experts at +1-855-856-0042 for time-savingbits of advice on any issue related to QuickBooks.
About the issue
Multi-user mode plays a critical role in the functioning of QuickBooks; many users can work on the same file simultaneously. It improves accuracy and saves a lot of time by avoiding sharing files one by one with all the users. But some issues can restrict your access to the company file and even stop you from using multi-user access mode on your QuickBooks.
The reasons for the malfunctioning of the Multi-user mode in your QuickBooks are mentioned below-
• The hosting settings in your QuickBooks is incorrect
• Antivirus or malware is interfering with QuickBooks, due to which the multi-user mode cannot work
• The folder permissions are restricting QuickBooks from accessing the file
• Database server manager is suffering because of a corrupted or damaged file
We have organized some of the solutions you can try to sort out this issue-
Solution 1-Configure your folder permissions
Locate the folder that carries your company file; you can press F2 in QuickBooks to know the path.
1. Right-click on the folder and then select Properties.
2. Select the Security tab and click on Edit.
3. Select QBDataServiceUserXXfrom the list of options.
4. Tap on the checkbox alongside Full control and then click allow.
5. Now, click on Apply and finally Ok.
If the error persists, move to the next solution.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6176
Solution 2- Utilize the Database server manager to scan any network issues
Ensure that you use the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub before proceeding; you can easily get it from the Intuit website-
1. Open QuickBooks Tool hub, click on Company file issues and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
2. Check if your company file name is mentioned in the list; otherwise, locate it using Browse.
3. Let the scan complete and restart your QuickBooks.
If you still see the error, try the next solution.
Read More: QuickBooks Running Slow
Solution 3-Configure your Hosting settings in QuickBooks
To check the hosting settings on your QuickBooks, refer to the steps below-
1. Open your QuickBooks and click onthe File option.
2. SelectUtilities and then click onHost multi-user access.
3. Ensure that your computer is in Multi-user access mode
This brings us to the end of this blog; we mentioned the reason for QuickBooks multi-user not working on your computer. Some solutions to the issue were also mentioned; we hope all these assisted you with solving the error. If you need any further assistance regarding this issue, reach out to our experts at +1-855-856-0042
Also Read: QuickBooks Error PS060