In today's world smartphones are an essential part of our daily life. However, overheating is one of the most common problems people face with their iPhones. This issue is prevalent with the latest iPhone 12 models, and if not taken care of, it can lead to severe consequences. In this article, we will discuss the reasons why your iPhone 12 battery overheats and how to prevent it from happening.
The iPhone 12 is an excellent phone with many new features and improvements. However, many users complain about overheating affecting their iPhone's battery life. Overheating can lead to battery drain, reduced performance, and even permanent damage to your iPhone. Therefore, it is essential to understand why your iPhone 12 battery overheats and how to prevent it.
Why Does Your iPhone 12 Battery Overheat?
There are several reasons why your iPhone 12 battery overheats. Some of the common causes are:
- Using Your iPhone While Charging: It can cause it to overheat. When you use your phone, it consumes more power, and this generates more heat, which can cause the battery to overheat.
- Exposure to High Temperatures: If your iPhone is exposed to high temperatures, it can cause the battery to overheat. For example, leaving your phone in a hot car or under direct sunlight for an extended period can cause the battery to overheat.
- Using Power-Intensive Apps: Power-intensive apps like games, video streaming, and GPS navigation can cause your iPhone to overheat.
- Background App Refresh: Background app refresh is a feature that allows apps to update their content in the background. However, this feature can cause your iPhone to overheat as it consumes more power.
How to Prevent Your iPhone 12 Battery from Overheating?
I am going to share some tips below on how to prevent your iPhone 12 battery from overheating:
Avoid Exposing Your iPhone to High Temperatures
Avoid exposing your iPhone to high temperatures, such as leaving it in a hot car or under direct sunlight. If you are using your iPhone in a hot environment, try to keep it in a cool place.
Remove the Case
Removing your iPhone case can help to dissipate the heat generated by your phone. If you have a case on your iPhone, try removing it and see if it helps to reduce the overheating problem.
Close Unused Apps
Closing unused apps can reduce the workload on your iPhone's processor and the amount of heat your phone generates.
Turn off the Background App Refresh
Turning off the background app refresh can reduce the amount of power consumed by your iPhone and prevent it from overheating.
Disable Location Services
Disabling location services can reduce the amount of power consumed by your iPhone's GPS and prevent it from overheating.
Keep Your iPhone Updated
Keeping your iPhone updated can help to fix bugs and issues that may be causing your iPhone to overheat. It is essential to keep your iPhone's software up to date.
Use Original Chargers and Cables
Using original chargers and cables can help to prevent your iPhone from overheating. Non-original chargers and cables may not be designed to work with your iPhone and can cause the battery to overheat.
Replace Your Battery
If your iPhone's battery is old or damaged, it may be causing your iPhone to overheat. In this case, you may need to replace your battery to prevent overheating and ensure optimal performance.
How to Check Your iPhone 12 Battery Health?
It is essential to check your iPhone's battery health regularly to ensure that it is working correctly and not causing your phone to overheat. Here are the steps to check your iPhone's battery health:
- Go to "Settings" on your iPhone.
- Tap on "Battery".
- Click on "Battery Health".
- You will see your iPhone's battery's maximum capacity and current performance here.
If your iPhone's battery health is below 80%, it may be time to replace your battery.
Overheating is a common problem that affects many iPhone users, especially with the latest iPhone 12 models. Checking your iPhone's battery health regularly is also essential to ensure that it is working correctly and not causing your phone to overheat. If you have an old or damaged battery, consider getting an iPhone battery repair to prevent overheating and ensure optimal performance. For iphone battery repairs you can visit here: https://drivebyrepairs.com.au/