Have you bought a new printer or started using one recently? There are so many things you probably need to familiarize yourself with. One of them is where to find WPS PIN.
What Is WPS PIN?
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. The WPS PIN is an 8-digit number generated by printers to enable a connection to a wireless network. Technically, it’s a standard network security code. The PIN works only with a wireless router or devices that utilize a password.
Where to Find WPS PIN on Printer
Find the WPS PIN on the control panel in most printers. Modern printers come with a large LED screen, and it’s there that you’ll find the PIN to complete the wireless connection.
Follow these steps:
- Turn on your printer.
- Click the “Settings” option on the control panel screen.
- Press the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the “WPS PIN” button, and an 8-digit PIN will appear on the screen.
How To Connect Your Printer To A Network Using WPS Technology
- Go to the “Control Panel” on your printer and press the wireless button. Click on the “Settings” option.
- Choose “Wi-Fi Protected Setup.” Follow the instructions appearing on your screen.
- You’ll be required to enter your PIN. Press on the PIN, and the WPS PIN will appear on the screen.
- Access the “Configuration Utility” or the software of the wireless router. Enter the WPS PIN to complete the setup.
- In “All Programs,” navigate to “Printer Setup and Software.”
- Next, choose the “Connect a New Printer” option and proceed to install the “Network Printer Driver.”
After following all the above steps carefully, you should have set up your printer already. Now you can enjoy quality printing.