Be it game programming or any other application that brilliant tech companies develop, C language is a fundamental necessity in achieving that. This language usually forms the basis of any other higher languages available. Some people directly hop into advanced languages, which involves more effort if they are not well-versed in C from the beginning.
Do you want to know about all those high-level languages? Well, it’s best to start with the C language because by doing so, you would already know the initial 20% of the most prominent languages, such as Python. This language is the oldest and most basic language that is broadly used all over the world.
Many leading tech companies like Microsoft use the C language if they work with some OS Modules. Part of the reason for its wide usage is also that it is a memory and speed-efficient language. Online C Compiler is used to make programs in the C language. Have you heard of the word compiler before? If not, this blog is there to help you out.
What Are C Compilers?
If we talk about the basic definition of a C language compiler, it is a program that translates the source program written in C language into simple machine codes. They are paramount, as would software even exist without them?
The computers only understand the codes and not higher languages like C, C++, or Python. So, compilers come to the rescue and translate the advanced languages into codes so that the system easily acknowledges the program and gives the desired output. So interesting, right?
To understand this more efficiently, let’s take an indulging example. When you visit a foreign country where English is not the native language, you would require a translator to communicate with the locals. Similarly, the system doesn’t understand the higher programming languages and needs a translator’s help, which is a compiler.
You can also find an online Java code compiler and compilers which support various other languages. This may be a great help to you now or in the future while you deal with programming. Still in doubt? Let’s discuss the top 10 online C compilers that are actively used by people worldwide.
Top 10 Online C Compilers
- Techie Delight: If you are a beginner and want to get your hands on coding, then this is the best site you should visit. It also lists some of the most asked interview questions in the leading tech companies, which you can practice.
- CodingBat: It is another online C compiler used widely among coding enthusiasts and even beginners. It is an interactive platform that makes C learning very interesting and fun. CodingBat believes that coding should be a fun-filled activity and not a dreary process. The best part is that it is free of cost, and anyone can use it.
- C Program to HTML: This compiler allows you to run a C code in the browser. This can be used for free, and an additional perk is that it supports many different languages. It also can check the syntax of the code.
- Borland Turbo C: This is one of the most preferred C language compilers. Mostly known for its compiling speed and low cost, this is an excellent option for coding fanatics. Those of you who were born in the 20th century must remember that blue screen of this compiler.
- OnlineGDB: This is a C compiler in which you can directly type and run the code in the browser itself. How cool is that? You do not have to worry about installing other stuff on your system, as OnlineGDB does everything for you related to coding.
- CodeChef: This single online compiler supports multiple programming languages. Thus it is of great use to the general coding mass, either beginners or tech professionals. It has almost 2 million competitive programmers from all over the world. You can also call this an online java code compiler since it is another famous programming language.
- CppCheck: This is a C and C++ compiler with a wide range of services. Which includes –
- It is cross-platform.
- It is an analysis tool that detects bugs with its distinctive code analysis technique.
- It also examines the non-standard codes that might contain other compiler extensions.
- Tiny C Compiler: Is your computer slow with scarce storage? No worries at all, as this compiler is a great help for such systems. It has some notable advantages that could allow you an automatic implementation of programs during the compile time using command line arguments.
- Clang: This C compiler is backed by popular tech companies like Apple, Google, Sony, Microsoft, and many more. The main objective of Clang is to provide a library-based architecture. The best part is that it maintains the actual shape of the original code.
Benefits of Using Online C Compilers
Can you imagine working without a compiler? They are a system’s basic necessity to understand high-level programming. Be it any language, they translate and help to form binary codes for the system. There are several benefits that compilers offer –
- It reduces the load on systems.
- It enhances productivity.
- Quality also gets improved.
- It checks for any error during the run time.
- It brilliantly manages access control.
- A compiler keeps your program secure.
You might confuse an online C compiler with an interpreter, but they have contrasting behaviors. While the compilers translate the source program into binary codes for the processors to understand, interpreters do not generate codes or save them. Alternatively, they work with the code in the style of one statement at a time during the runtime without putting it together in advance.
Hope this blog helped identify some of the most useful C compilers available online.