A well-defined jawline structure is the foundation of a balanced, appealing face for both men and women. But many people experience a square, narrow, chubby chin, which makes the face bubbly, but in the wake of a mature look, they also look forward to considering surgical treatments.
In this article, Dr. Shilpi Bhadani- a renowned plastic surgeon for chin implants in Delhi, will share the ultimate guide to chin implantation. So read the post and learn how to achieve a contoured face with chin implantation.
Need of Chin Implantation
Reasons to consider chin implantation are given below:
Chin implants are made of a biocompatible substance that is readily absorbed by the body. In order to give one’s new facial profile a natural appearance, these implants are made to look like ordinary bone. Typically, incisions for chin implants are made inside the mouth or under the chin, two places where there will be no visible scarring following the procedure or as little as possible.
- Correct the Sign of Ageing
The jaw is a part of the face where early signs of ageing frequently manifest as sagging, loose skin that may look "jowly." A chin implant may help some patients achieve a more youthful facial profile by firming up some of the sagging skin in the bottom portion of the face. To further increase the anti-aging effects, chin augmentation may occasionally be paired with another treatment, such as a lower facelift.
- Sleeker Neck
A weak chin frequently gives the impression of a chubby neck or double chin, which can make one look like they are gaining weight even though they haven't put on any weight. By adding additional definition here, one can establish a more beautiful separation between the neck and jawline. Some individuals may discover that adding liposuction or a neck lift to chin augmentation improves the outcomes.
Chin Implant Surgery
Chin implant surgery, also known as mentoplasty, improves the contours of the chin, neck, and jawline. In order to enhance the size and form of the chin and achieve a more naturally beautiful balance between facial features, chin augmentation entails the implantation of an implant around a patient's existing chin bone. Chin augmentation can offer a long-lasting remedy for a weak or depressed chin when performed by a licensed, skilled cosmetic surgeon.
Chin implant surgery uses chin bone removal, fillers, fat transfer, and silicone implants. The chin, jaw, and any issues related to them will be thoroughly examined physically by the surgeon. Results also depend on factors like age, skin type, face shape, bone symmetry, and whether or not one has had surgery in the past. To obtain a better face proportion or an enhanced facial look, rhinoplasty is frequently recommended in combination with chin surgery. It is always important to be open and honest with the surgeon about your medical history and your treatment expectations to get the best results.
Ideal Candidate for Chin Implantation
- Anyone who is a non-smoker and non-alcoholic or has left such an addiction.
- Someone good at physical and mental health.
- Individuals embraced their chin appearance and were willing to consider chin augmentation surgery.
- Anyone who feels their chin needs to be adequately sized, shaped, or positioned.
- Those seeking a significant transformation.
- Those whose chin and jaw are weak.
- Those who want to thin out their protruding chin.
- Possess reasonable expectations.
Advantages of Chin Implant
The silicone-based chin implants are tiny, sturdy objects. In order to fit around the patient's chin bone, these implants are molded. The surgeon can assist in determining the optimal implant size that will enable the patient to attain the desired augmentation and obtain results that appear natural. The implants fit into a tiny aperture and are flexible, robust, and long-lasting. A face appears more symmetrical and balanced as a result.
- Enhances the contours of the jawline, neck, and chin.
- Ensures that the facial features are inherently attractively balanced (facial harmony).
- Corrects a chin that is weak or sunken.
- Minimizes the appearance of a double chin or full chin, which is brought on by a short chin bone.
- There is barely any downtime.
- Minimum discomfort.
The procedure of Chin Implantation
- This outpatient treatment is carried out under either local or general anaesthetic.
- The intended area is cleaned.
- The next step is to make an incision within the mouth or beneath the chin.
- A sterile chin implant is inserted through this incision and fitted to the chin bone region by the surgeon.
- A compression bandage is put on after the incision is stitched up.
- The sutures will dissolve if the incision is done inside the mouth or beneath the chin in an area that is not visible. Non-dissolvable sutures will be removed after 7–10 days if they are used.
Some scars may occur after the chin implantation, but they are hard to see and will gradually disappear. One month following surgery, results begin to show, and ultimate results take two to three months to manifest.
Risk and difficulties
- Having a chin implant has minimal risk, although there is a chance that one can experience pain.
- Adverse consequences of anaesthesia.
- Move the implant.
- Bone erosion (beneath the implant).
- Damage to the chin's main nerve.
- The teeth's roots have been harmed.
Care Tips Post Chin Implant Procedure
- The patient is advised to sleep with a face-up and elevated head.
- For a few weeks following surgery, use a cold compress.
- Eat a liquid diet and soft foods for a few weeks after surgery.
- Refraining from engaging in demanding physical activity for a few weeks following surgery.
- Maintain a healthy dental routine.
- Medications as prescribed by the surgeon.
In order to get more details about chin implant treatment, consultation with a medical expert is essential. Anyone looking for the same can visit SB Aesthetics- the best plastic surgery clinic in India, and consult Dr. Shilpi Bhadani- a leading plastic surgeon in this regard.