Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft Corporation. It is designed to store, manage and retrieve large volumes of data efficiently. SQL Server has been around for more than two decades and has become one of the most popular database management systems in the market.
With the release of SQL Server 2019 and the upcoming SQL Server 2022, Microsoft continues to improve and enhance the product to meet the evolving needs of businesses.
One of the key components of SQL Server is the Client Access License (CAL). A CAL is a license that allows a user or device to access the SQL Server software. CALs are required for all users or devices that access SQL Server, whether directly or indirectly. CALs are purchased separately from the SQL Server software and can be acquired in different ways, such as through volume licensing programs or as part of a software assurance agreement.
MS SQL Server 2019 CAL
SQL Server 2019 was released in November 2019 and introduced several new features and improvements. One of the significant changes with SQL Server 2019 is the introduction of Big Data Clusters, which allows the integration of large volumes of data from various sources, including Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Apache Spark, and Kubernetes. This integration enables data processing and analytics across different platforms and data types.
Another notable feature in SQL Server 2019 is Intelligent Query Processing (IQP). IQP uses machine learning techniques to optimize query performance, resulting in faster and more efficient queries. IQP is an excellent addition to SQL Server, especially for businesses dealing with large amounts of data and complex queries.
In terms of security, SQL Server 2019 introduced several enhancements, including the ability to encrypt data while in use with the Always Encrypted with secure enclaves feature. This feature enables the protection of sensitive data, even when the server is processing it. SQL Server 2019 includes enhanced auditing capabilities to help businesses meet compliance requirements.
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Client Access Licenses (CAL) provide several benefits, including:
- Access to Advanced Features: By purchasing SQL Server 2019 CAL, users can access advanced features such as In-Memory OLTP, Columnstore, and PolyBase. These features can improve the performance and scalability of SQL Server, making it more efficient and cost-effective.
- Flexibility: With SQL Server 2019 CAL, users can choose to license individual users or devices, depending on their specific needs. This allows organizations to tailor their licensing to their unique requirements, which can help them save money and maximize their investment in SQL Server.
- Security: SQL Server 2019 comes with a wide range of security features designed to protect data at rest and in transit. By purchasing SQL Server 2019 CAL, organizations can take advantage of these security features to help safeguard their data and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Improved Performance: SQL Server 2019 comes with performance improvements such as Intelligent Query Processing and Accelerated Database Recovery. These features can help improve query performance, reduce downtime, and minimize the risk of data loss.
- Integration with Other Microsoft Products: SQL Server 2019 integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft products, such as Power BI and Azure, making it easier to build and deploy data-driven applications and solutions.
Overall, Microsoft SQL Server 2019 CAL offers a range of benefits that can help organizations improve their data management capabilities, enhance security, and maximize their investment in SQL Server.
SQL Server 2022
MS SQL Server 2022 is the latest version of SQL Server and is currently in preview. It is expected to be generally available in the coming months. SQL Server builds on the features and improvements of its predecessors and introduces several new enhancements.
One of the significant changes in SQL Server is the support for persistent memory devices. Persistent memory is a type of non-volatile memory that can retain data even when the power is turned off. By leveraging persistent memory, SQL Server can deliver faster and more reliable performance, especially for transaction processing workloads.
Another significant feature of SQL Server is the enhanced integration with Azure. This integration enables businesses to leverage the benefits of cloud computing, such as scalability and flexibility. With SQL Server, businesses can easily move their on-premises databases to the cloud or create hybrid solutions that combine on-premises and cloud resources.
SQL Server also introduces several improvements in the security and compliance areas. One of the notable features is the introduction of Data Sovereignty, which enables businesses to choose where their data is stored and processed. This feature is particularly important for businesses operating in regions with strict data privacy laws.
Microsoft SQL Server has been around for more than two decades and has evolved significantly over the years. With each new version, Microsoft introduces new features and enhancements to meet the evolving needs of businesses. SQL Server 2019 and SQL Server are two excellent examples of this evolution, with both versions offering significant improvements in performance, scalability, and security.
If you want to make the best purchase of your life, you must contact DirectDeals. They are Microsoft Certified partners. And are serving the best products for the past 24+ years.