Domestic violence is a serious concern that could escalate to the point of police intervention. Such a situation can be stressful and intimidating.
Domestic violence includes, but isn't limited to, substance abuse, drug abuse, infidelity, mental illness, financial problems, etc. When someone is charged with domestic violence, it doesn't necessarily have to be physical violence. In California, any threat, intimidation, or emotional harm made to a family member is included under domestic violence.
The victim and the accused of domestic violence should seek to consult with a domestic violence attorney Anaheim to protect their individual rights.
Types of Domestic Violence Abuse
There are five types of domestic violence charges, including:
● Physical Abuse Physical abuse includes physical forms of violence like hitting or hurling objects at the other person.
● Emotional Abuse Emotional abuse includes intimidation, humiliation, preventing a family member from being employed, or limiting their contact with friends and family members.
● Sexual Abuse Including sexual harassment, forced sexual favors, indecent touching, and other acts.
● Financial Abuse Preventing decision-making authority on financial issues or any other act used to maintain control over life and relationships.
● Cyber Abuse Cyber abuse includes intimidation or bullying online.
If you or someone you know has suffered from any of the aforementioned cases of abuse, contact an experienced domestic violence attorney Anaheim to protect yourself. The same is true if you've been accused falsely of a domestic violence charge and need to clear your name as such.
Call (714) 733-7066 for a free consultation today.