Instagram is a social digital platform that has transformed the lives of numerous people in recent times. Every other person has an account on Instagram. You can set up your business using it, or you can use it just as an entertainment platform. People can tell every other user who follows them on Instagram about themselves via the bio feature of Instagram.
A few people may want to include a place in your Instagram bio. So, in this article, we'll explore how to add a location to an Instagram bio or place a location into an Instagram bio.
Where is the address in the Instagram bio?
The location of an Instagram bio can be a place that you can directly add by editing the profile. It's displayed by a blue hyperlink that opens up a map application that shows the direction of the location. The goal of this is to make it easier for the follower to get to know the location of your phone.
The blue hyperlink that you can click on isn't found in your bio. I've used the word "bio" for the sake of brevity because it's placed near the bio. The bio is an additional information box you can edit separately using the blue-hyperlink address.
Now, you may be considering, "why do you need to add the clickable location when you can simply write down your unclickable address on the bio?"
In addition to being clickable, the text or other content posted on your Instagram isn't copiable. Others Instagram users, like those you follow, will have difficulty manually typing in your address.
What you'll require
Here's a guideline of the items you'll need in order to include a place in the Instagram profile:
- A business Instagram account for businesses. This allows you to include a clickable URL in the Instagram bio. This post also guides users on how to create a business account on Instagram or switch to one.
You are required to create a business Instagram account to include a location in your bio. There are no other requirements. Instead of adding a link to your Instagram story, which requires a particular follower number.
You can't create an address using a personal and/or the creator's Instagram account. Different kinds of Instagram accounts offer different functions to manage your profile and they control the personal data you can upload and the location.
Adding Your Location to Instagram Bio
Incorporating a place in your Instagram bio is as easy as just a couple of steps. Here's how to do it:
- Start your Instagram application.
- Click on the profile icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- On your Instagram profile page, click on the "Edit Profile" or "Edit Profile" button.
- Visit the "Public Business Information" section and then click "Contact Options."
- Then, click the "Business address."
- Add your street address, city or town, and zip code in the address window for business in the respective sections.
- Click on the tick icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Slide the toggle next to "Display contact info" to on, and then save the settings by tapping on an icon that ticks.
- Saving Display contact details will redirect you to your profile page. Make sure to save the changes you make by clicking the tick icon on the top corner of the screen.
- Your information about where you live will be displayed on your profile.
Changing Your Location on Instagram Bio
If you'd like to change or delete the location, follow these steps in the following steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Tap the profile icon located at the bottom of the right-hand corner of your screen.
- Tap on "Edit Profile" and then tap on the "Edit Profile" option.
- Click on "Contact Options," then tap on the currently selected place.
- Tap the inverted-drop-shaped icon to modify or delete the address you saved previously.
- To remove the location, tap on the red "Remove" button and then click on "Remove" from the pop-up that appears to affect the changes.
- To change the address, type in new address details and tap on the tick symbol at the top-right corner of the screen to make the necessary changes.
- Save all changes with the click icon.
How to Add Location on Instagram Business Profile?
The addition of a location to an Instagram bio in the case of a company profile is an easy process. Consider following the steps below for the same:
- Open Instagram and tap on the Profile icon located at the lower left corner right.
- Select Edit profile > Contact options.
- Tap in the address for business.
- Input the address you want to use in the fields accordingly.
- Tap the Done icon twice from the top right corner to save all changes made.
Alright, folks! This is how to add a location to an Instagram bio! I hope that you find the steps in this article easy to follow.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up