You can install Minecraft Forge from the Forge website, where it's completely free to download. - Minecraft Forge is an add-on to Minecraft: Java Edition that lets you install and enable mods. Make sure that Minecraft Forge is installed on your current Minecraft version.
Minecraft is famous for how many mods it has and how simple they are to install. Mods can be useful for example, such as the creation of a new item - or add fun thematic elements to your game, like new game modes.
Minecraft Forge is a free add-on that lets you install these mods. This add-on allows you to modify Minecraft: Java Edition using mods.
Quick tip: Minecraft Forge cannot be used to add mods in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. You'll need to be playing the "Java" version.
Here's how to install Minecraft Forge, and use it to install mods.
How do I download Minecraft Forge? Minecraft Forge
1. Go to the Minecraft Forge download page.
Quick tip: Minecraft Forge requires Java, so install that before beginning the download.
2. There are two download links: Recommended and Latest. Select Recommended as it is less prone to bugs. Check out the chart under Minecraft Version on the left to ensure you're downloading the right version of Forge that matches the version you're currently running of Minecraft and the mods you're running.
3. After clicking the installer link, a pop-up will appear. https://nfo.so/ You should wait for a few minutes and then click Skip in the top-right corner. Once you click it, the download will start.
4. Open the Forge installer and then grant the application the appropriate access and privacy permissions. If you're running a Mac it is possible that you need to open your computer's Security & Privacy settings to grant the app permission to open.
5. Select Install Client from the window that opens , and click OK.
6. Forge will connect to the internet and download all its data. When it's finished you will receive a pop-up message to inform you that Minecraft Forge was successfully installed. Click OK to continue.
7. Start the Minecraft Launcher.
8. Open the drop-down menu next to Play and you can pick what version of Minecraft you'd like to open.
10. Now, press Play.
Quick tip: It is possible for a pop-up to appear asking users to agree that the version has changed and may not be compatible with most recent player safety features. This is normal and you should approve it.
How can you add an mod to Minecraft
Forge does not include any mods included So you'll have to find them yourself. You can search Google for Minecraft mods and websites like minecraftmods.com.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up