Lotus Notes is an email application formally it was known as IBM Lotus Notes, but now Lotus Notes has been sold to HCL. Earlier, users mostly preferred Lotus Notes to work with, but now new technologies are getting more popular due to their updated features. Office 365 is gaining popularity because of its cloud-based service and as it is a collaboration of many applications which enhance business. Hence users consider executing migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365. There are many reasons why Office 365 is considered better than Lotus Notes.
Reasons for Lotus Notes Migration-:
- Office 365 has a friendly user interface; thus, it is easy to manage and work with Office 365.
- After comparing with Lotus Notes, Office 365 is very cost-efficient, which is why users perform migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- With Office 365, users can work from anywhere at any time with any device.
- Lotus Notes saves files on the local device. Thus it requires massive storage. Whereas Office 365 stores data in the cloud, it requires constraining RAM.
Methods to perform migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365-:
If you are considering Lotus Notes migration, then there are two methods; manual or third-party tool. The manual method is risky and has limitations, whereas third-party tool easily performs the task.
- Manual method- you have to be an expert in technology to execute the task manually because it is complicated, and thus users can face issues like losing data, which is a great risk. Nonetheless, it consumes a lot of time for users.
- Third-party tool- to smoothly perform the task, you can use an ideal third-party tool like Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool, as the software has many advanced features.
Features of the Shoviv Tool-:
- The GUI of the software is user-friendly; hence non-technical users can also smoothly execute the migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- The tool permits adding multiple NSF files without any restrictions on size.
- The software does not alter the originality of data and the hierarchy of folders, which means your data is safe.
- You can resume the task from the last interrupted point and prevent duplicity with the Incremental export feature.
Finally, after considering all the points, the manual method is not the best because of its limitations and risk. A professional tool like Shoviv Lotus notes to Office 365 is the best way to execute Lotus Notes migration, and you can try the tool's features by downloading the free trial version.