More and more businesses and individuals who are self-employed or work a job are joining forces with QuickBooks. QuickBooks offers quality services on its digital platform for almost everyone to support them. A pool of features comprises tax-filing for returns, payroll, inventory managing, etc. Many a time users have countered technical bugs that hit their computer screens and slow down their working to a minimum. “QuickBooks Error 6123” error triggers while the user tries accessing company files hosted on another computer(server). Primarily, the cause is that the company files data is inflicted damage. But that’s not just one reason all the time that makes the error pop up on the user’s PC many other causes stand behind the error. The methods to resolve the error are mentioned along with its causes which could be read in subsequent topics of the post.
In the contrast, the “QuickBooks Error 6123” error code could be resolved if appropriate steps are followed which are provided in the post. However, if that doesn’t work, dial the toll-free number 1-(855)-856-0042 to seek support from the tech team.
Causes that might pop up “QuickBooks Error 6123”
- More than one computer is hosting the company files
- The data in the company files a user trying to open, is damaged or corrupt.
- Missing QuickBooks installation files needed to host a file on a machine or an incomplete installation of QuickBooks application.
- If the error appears while restoring files from a backup, the backup path in use is on an external drive.
Recommended To Read : How to Fix QuickBooks Display Issues
Preventive Remedies to fix the “QuickBooks Error 6123”
Solution-1: Using a backup company file, perform a Restore on your machine
- Ensure that the company file is stored in a local storage media rather than external storage or portable media for best results.
- Open the ‘QuickBooks’ application.
- On the menu bar, navigate to ‘File’.
- Inside the File Menu, click ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- Choose ‘Restore a Backup Copy’.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Choose ‘Local Backup’.
- Again, click ‘Next’ to advance.
- Choose the appropriate company file backup by clicking on the ‘Browse’ button.
- Choose the desired folder where you wish to store your restored company file.
- Click on ‘Open’ to confirm the opening of a file.
- Make sure that the company file currently being restored doesn’t conflict with another restored file in case the previous file was saved in the same directory and has the same name. Rename the file, if necessary.
- Once everything is settled, click on ‘OK’ to confirm the restore operation.
If that doesn’t work out for you in case, run Quick Fix My Program from within QuickBooks Tool Hub to check and diagnose program-relevant bugs and fix them.
Also Read This Blog : What’s QuickBooks Error C 343 and How can you Fix it?
Here we arrive after our blog. We utterly hope that through the written post about the topic “QuickBooks Error 6123” error code, we tried our best to give you detailed information and give you a sound resolution for the aforementioned error. We believe that all our user’s queries were addressed promptly. Nevertheless, if you have an additional query or need help during troubleshooting, dial the helpdesk number 1-(855)-856-0042 for a better resolution.
Source Code :https://24bookkeepingserices.wordpress.com/2021/09/07/quick-ways-to-resolve-error-quickbooks-error-6123/