Is your sofa or bed lacking visual appeal? There's no need to buy a new one or go through the hassle of reupholstering. Instead, you can effortlessly enhance their appearance by adding scatter cushions. In South Africa, it's now easier than ever to find a wide selection of scatter cushions, thanks to their growing popularity. Despite their smaller size compared to regular cushions, they are available in various sizes, shapes, and designs. This means you can add as many as you like to your bed or sofa without overwhelming the space. Moreover, the diverse fabrics, patterns, and colours of scatter cushions can infuse personality into your furniture and elevate the overall aesthetic of your living space.
Pick your colour palette.
When shopping for scatter cushions in South Africa, pay attention to the décor of your room. Choose neutral colours like beige or grey for a minimalistic or modern look. You can also take inspiration from the current season. If it’s summer, go for bright, fun colours.
Do you want to make a statement? Dark and black scatter cushions can do just that. That said, you should think twice about dark colours if you have pets that shed a lot unless you don’t mind fur showing up on them.
Dressing up your sofa with scatter cushions
Here are some tips on arranging your scatter cushions:
- A larger sofa means more cushions! But try not to go overboard and make sure you still have space for sitting without removing any of them.
- Get scatter cushions in different sizes and shapes, and arrange them in a 2-1-2- formation for dimension.
- Mix a few big square cushions with two small squares and a large rectangle cushion.
- Don’t be afraid to combine plain designs with patterns! Or try switching textures and colours to have fun with your arrangement.
Dress up your bed with scatter cushions.
Scatter cushions in South Africa are perfect for your bed, too. Here are some style tips:
- Experiment with different shapes until you find sizes that complement your bed’s size.
- Try the 2-1-2 formation, but add a few large square cushions if there is still enough space.
- Match the cushions with the bed linen.
- Finish the look with a rug or a comfortable throw that matches the pillows for a cohesive look.
Ready to shop?
Find the most stylish and colourful scatter cushions in South Africa here at India Ink! We have them in different designs, sizes, and shapes, so we are confident you’ll find what you need.