Beauty buffs, let's explore two iconic lipstick shades that belong in every makeup collection - nude and red!
A flattering nude lip creates understated elegance and elongates the look of lips, while a bold pop of red makes a vibrant, sensual statement. No lip wardrobe is complete without these classic hues.
We'll cover how to find the perfect nude and red lipstick for your complexion, application tips to create flawless lip looks, and key pointers for choosing quality formulas. Get ready to master these must-have shades!
Choosing the Best Nude Lipstick for Your Skin Tone:
With so many nude lipstick shades available from peachy beiges to pinky browns, it's all about finding a flattering undertone for your complexion. Some guidelines:
Fair skin = Opt for rosy, pinky nudes with a touch of warmth to enhance your natural lip color. Avoid straight beige or brown nude shades as they can look lifeless.
Medium skin = Warm honey and caramel nude shades with peach, golden brown or apricot undertones will look most natural.
Deep skin = Go for chestnut, brown and mauve-toned nudes with berry undertones to complement darker complexions. Avoid very light or frosted nudes as they can make lips disappear.
Olive/yellow undertones = Try a rosy-beige nude lipstick with a hint of pink but no orange. Pure beiges can make skin appear sallow.
How to Wear the Perfect Red Lipstick:
While classic blue-toned reds look beautiful on all skin tones, you can still tailor the undertone:
Fair skin = Bluish reds with a cooler undertone and very little orange complement fair complexions.
Medium-deep skin = Opt for reds with subtle warm undertones or brick reds with a touch of brown. They'll harmonize with olive and dark complexions beautifully.
Vibrant color payoff, a creamy formula that glides on smoothly, and lasting power without drying or feathering are key for choosing a great red lipstick.
Applying Nude and Red Lipstick Like a Pro:
These tips will give you flawless, polished lip color every time:
- Exfoliate lips first with a lip scrub and apply balm to prime lips before lipstick.
- Use lip liner to define your lip shape and prevent feathering. For red lips, match liner shade to lipstick. For nudes, choose slightly deeper liner to create dimension.
- Apply lip color straight from the bullet starting from your cupid's bow outward to follow the natural lip line. Don't rub lips together - let it set first.
- Blot lips with tissue and reapply a second layer of color for full coverage with true vibrancy.
- Finish with setting powder or a touch of matching lip gloss applied just to the center of your lips. This creates the illusion of fuller lips!
Well, I hope these tips have equipped you to choose the perfect nude and red lip shades for your coloring and master their application! Let me know if you have any other lipstick questions.