Camping in Tenby, Wales offers a unique opportunity to immerse oneself in the natural beauty of the Welsh countryside. Tenby, located in Pembrokeshire on the southwest coast of Wales, is a picturesque seaside town surrounded by stunning landscapes, golden beaches, and fascinating wildlife. Camping in Tenby allows you to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and unwind in the serene tranquility of nature. In this blog, we will explore the reasons why camping in Tenby, Wales, is the perfect way to relax and rejuvenate.
The Benefits of Camping in Tenby, Wales
Camping in Tenby, Wales, is an excellent way to experience the great outdoors and connect with nature. There are several benefits of camping, including:
- Reconnecting with Nature: Camping in Tenby, Wales, allows you to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature. It gives you the chance to appreciate the beauty of the natural world, listen to the birdsong, and watch the sunset over the sea.
- Stress Relief: Camping in Tenby, Wales, can be a great stress reliever. It provides a chance to escape from the daily grind and enjoy some peace and quiet. The fresh air, exercise, and nature all contribute to reducing stress levels.
- Physical Activity: Camping in Tenby, Wales, offers the opportunity to engage in physical activities such as hiking, swimming, and cycling. These activities provide a great way to get some exercise and improve your overall health.
- Family Bonding: Camping in Tenby, Wales, can be an excellent way for families to bond. It provides a chance to spend quality time together, away from distractions such as television and smartphones.
Camping in Tenby, Wales: Choosing the Perfect Site
When planning a camping trip to Tenby, Wales, it is important to choose the right campsite. There are several excellent campsites to choose from in the area, each with its own unique features and facilities. Here are a few of our top picks:
- Lydstep Beach Holiday Park: Located just outside Tenby, Lydstep Beach Holiday Park is a great choice for families. The site has direct access to the beach and a range of on-site facilities, including a swimming pool, bar, and restaurant.
- Trefalun Park: Trefalun Park is a family-run campsite located in the heart of the Pembrokeshire countryside. The site has a range of facilities, including a shop, laundry room, and games room.
- Kiln Park Holiday Centre: Kiln Park Holiday Centre is a large holiday park located just outside Tenby. The site has a range of facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, crazy golf, and a sports court.
Exploring Tenby and its Surroundings
One of the main attractions of camping in Tenby, Wales, is the stunning scenery and diverse wildlife that surrounds the town. Here are a few of our top recommendations for exploring the area:
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park: The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is a must-visit destination for nature lovers. The park stretches over 186 miles of coastline and offers a range of activities, including hiking, cycling, and wildlife spotting.
- Caldey Island: Caldey Island is located just off the coast of Tenby and is home to a small community of monks. Visitors can explore the island's beautiful beaches and take a tour of the monastery.
- Tenby Castle Beach: Tenby Castle Beach is a beautiful sandy beach located just below the ruins of Tenby Castle. The beach is perfect for swimming and sunbathing, and there are several cafes and restaurants nearby.
About Beavers Retreat Glamping
Beavers Retreat Glamping offers a variety of accommodations, including 3 Original Geodomes, 3 Bell Tents, 2 Luxurious XL Domes, and 2 Cozy Domes. On-site, we have room for up to 45 people. Located 5 miles west of Tenby and only 1.5 miles from Manorbier beach, the hideaway is in a peaceful area. Jameston Village is also just 0.5 miles distant and may be reached on foot. Two bars selling both food and drinks are located in the village.
The hideaway provides an escape from your busy daily life and is located right in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. While there is no electricity on the property, the three communal hot showers are powered by gas.