Living away from home without family in the United Kingdom can be a little frustrating. It is especially difficult for non-EU and non-EEA citizens living in the UK for various purposes. A family member by your side in such a huge country can be the utmost reason for your happiness and peace in life. The UK government also understand the pain of living away from your family, that’s why it offers several visa options to bring your family to the United Kingdom.
However, it is not as easy to acquire these visa routes in the first place. There are several eligibility criteria and requirements involved with this visa route. Fulfilling these requirements of UK visas and immigration authorities is essential to bring your family to the United Kingdom. Suppose you are staying in the United Kingdom on a UK Expansion Worker visa; you can still apply for several other visa routes to bring your family, such as a UK Family visa and a Dependant visa route. Other than that, if you find it difficult to apply for a family visa, you can effectively get help from an immigration lawyer in the UK. Here, in this specific article, we will cover all the essential visa options that can help you to bring your family.
These UK Visa Routes Streamline the Path to Bring Family to the UK
Here in this specific section, we have mentioned several UK visa route that allows you to bring your family to the United Kingdom to live along with your family. So what are we waiting for? Let’s delve in and find out what are visa routes allow you to bring your family to the UK.
Family Visa UK
The family visa route is the most popular UK visa route that allows you to bring your family members or loved ones to the United Kingdom. Through the family visa UK route, you can bring your children, parents and partners to the United Kingdom. However, applicants for this visa route must be from outside the country. Apart from that, several eligibility requirements are essential to fulfill for your family members.
- To acquire this visa route, you must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the UK visas and immigration authorities. You have to prove your relationship with the settled person in the UK. Married couples or partners will be required to show their marriage certificate or other relevant evidence of their relationship.
- If you wish to bring your family members to the United Kingdom, it is essential to meet out the financial requirements set by the UKVI. To bring your family members to the UK, you will have to demonstrate your annual income, which should be £18,600 annually.
- For spouses and partners family visa can be valid for three years in a row. Once you surpass this period, you can extend the validity of your visa route for more 2.5 years. If you manage to live in the United Kingdom for five years, you can even apply for British citizenship as well.
- If you want to bring your dependent children to the United Kingdom, they must be under 18 years of age. Even if they are 21, they should not live independently while their parents are in the United Kingdom.
- Suppose you wish to bring your dependent relatives to the United Kingdom, such as your parents, grandparents or any other dependent relatives. In such cases, you will have to demonstrate that they require essential care, and that’s why you want to bring them to the UK to live along with you.
Family Visa for EEA Citizens
For those who live outside the United Kingdom or are EEA citizens, this visa allows them to enter the UK and live with their family members in the UK. It includes your spouse, civil partner, dependent children and parents. However, this visa can be valid only for six months.
How to Apply For UK Family Visa
To apply for this visa route, first of all, you will have to follow these steps;
- To apply for this visa route, you will be required to gather all the essential documents, such as your passport, birth certificate, relationship certificate and other required documents. You must attach all these documents along with your visa application.
- While applying for this visa route, you must also attach all the financial proof, such as your salary slips, bank statements, savings details, etc.
- If you are applying for your spouse, partners or parents, you will have to attach an English language test result along with your visa application.
Hence, this is how you can bring your family members to the United Kingdom to live along with you. However, obtaining a family visa can be a daunting task, especially if you are on a UK Expansion Worker Visa. In this regard, you can get help from an immigration lawyer in the UK. You can contact A Y & J Solicitors, a renowned immigration law firm in London, for a hassle-free visa application process.